You Weren't There

Savanna POV

I woke up in a slightly better mood than most mornings. Probably because all I had to do today was go to an audition and school of course but that's every day.

"Hey," Sabrina says coming into my room. Believe it or not, this is the first times she's been in here since the Detour.

"Hi," I said. I was kinda in the middle of school. But schools boring so who cares.

"I saw some videos from your meetup from Saturday." She said picking at her nails. Its Tuesday you're telling me you're just now seeing them.

"You're just seeing them today?" I asked looking back at my screen.

"Yeah, my publicist was telling me how articles were saying that you had depression and stuff so I wanted to check it out." She said and I scoffed.

"Wow, so it took your team to decide to check on your little sister how heartwarming. Well, I'm fine now I want to finish history before my audition." I said angrier than I originally intended. 

"Savanna why do you keep shutting me out. I want to be here for you." She said closing my laptop.

"For how long? Until we go back on tour. Until the media stops blaming you for me not being myself. Until one of your fans post another funny meme so you can block me out again. Yeah, thanks but no thanks." I said walking away from her. It's hard not to just snap and just let out all my anger and frustration on her. But as much as she has done me wrong she doesn't deserve it.

"Savanna I'm talking to you!" She yelled for me. "Why are you putting up your walls so high. Let me in. Let me be here for you. I've always been there I always will be." She said grabbing my hand. I wiped away the stray tears and looked her in the eyes. I wanted her to finally understand. But she doesn't. "You're just going to stare at me? Talk."

"That's the thing. You weren't there. When I found out that Erin passed in the school shooting. Half of my friends in the hospital not even knowing if they were still going to be alive. You were out with Corey, hanging with Cayla, texting rowan doing everything in the book other than acknowledging the fact that I'm here and alive and needed you." I said and she looked a little taken back.

"I'm so-"

"No, I don't need you to feel bad. Make me feel like a charity case I don't need it, I don't want. I just want you and everyone else to leave me alone." ANd with that, I ran outside and sat near the pool just staring at the water.