Chapter 16- Brad's POV

When I wake up, the first thing I'm aware of is someone next to me. I roll over and smile when I see Tristan's sleeping body beside me. He wanted me to stay with him last night, and I was only too happy to. I did surprise him slightly by telling him that I enjoyed kissing him, and although he seemed ok, we both decided that we should save that conversation for today.

I climb out of bed and head to the kitchen to make some coffee. I should be hungover, but I think the crazy events of last night were enough of a shock to sober me up a bit. Whilst the coffee machine is whirring, I make myself some toast. I briefly consider making some for Tristan before remembering that he doesn't really eat much. I get the impression that he doesn't like talking about it though, so i decide against it.

I'm slightly startled by Tristan himself walking in. "Hi." he says shyly.

"Hi." I smile. "Did you sleep ok?"

He nods. "Yeah. Thank you."

"It's ok." I tell him. "I'm making coffee, do you want some?"

"Yes please." he smiles. He's definitely nervous, but that's understandable given that I dropped a bit of a bombshell on him. It's weirdly relaxed, despite the fact that neither of us is talking about the elephant in the room. It's not that we don't know it happened, it's more that neither of us knows what to do next. 

I hand him his coffee and decide to just bite the bullet and say it. "About last night..." I start.

Tristan looks up from his drink, biting his lip. "Yeah?"

"I enjoyed kissing you, and you weren't sad." I begin. "I guess I'm just trying to figure out what that makes us."

"I don't know." he says sadly. "Corey messed things up completely for me, I've got all sorts of feelings going on now."

"That's ok." I tell him, hopefully reassuringly. "We can just forget it ever happened if that's what you want."

Tristan shakes his head. "No. I liked it and so did you... I just think it would be a shame not to do something with that."

I smile. "I'd like something more. I really like you, like a lot."

He gives me a small smile. "Me too. I mean, I really like you too." He blushes slightly- there's the awkward shy Tristan I know and love.

I laugh. "I knew what you meant, don't worry." We fall into a comfortable silence, just drinking our coffee and appreciating each other. We still need to get things sorted, but it's definitely a start. Some peace is very welcome after the hecticness of the last few hours. After a while, I decide to say something. "Does this mean that we should get together properly? Because I'd like that, but only if it makes you happy."

Tristan smiles. "I would like that. Thank you."

"Thank you for what?" I ask, laughing. "For already being a better boyfriend than Corey ever was even though we've only been together officially for about 10 seconds."

I laugh properly, and so does he. I love seeing him laugh, he's had such a tough time that seeing him happy feels like the best thing in the world. Eventually I say "Can I kiss you again?"

Tristan looks over at me, and I already know the answer before he even says "Yes please." I lean in and he does the same, gently pressing our lips together. It's not a passionate kiss, it's gentle and slow and loving, and somehow that's even better. Our lips are softly moving against each other's, and I have to resist the urge to slip my tongue in- just kissing him like this is enough for now.

We break apart with a smile on each of our faces. "That was nice." Tristan comments.

I laugh. "Understatement of the year. Better than Corey?"

"Yes." he says firmly. "No offence to dogs, but kissing a labrador would be better than kissing him." This is so far from the shy Tristan who was so nervous, and I love it. He's lost the anxiety, mainly because he's lost the person who was giving him so much stress. I just hope I can give him what he deserves. 

Over the rest of the morning, it's clear something's changed, but definitely for the better. Tristan seems happier, and I know I am too. I'm glad we sorted things out between us, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with my boyfriend. I'm very proud to call him that, though it'll take a bit of getting used to. I'm just happy that he's happy.

------

I've just realised that this reads like an epilogue 😱 It's not, I promise. Please let me know if you liked it!

Taylor swift held a secret session for her new album 90 minutes from where I live and didn't invite me 😭 I genuinely cried earlier (I know, I'm so tragic 😂) but I was then made to laugh by my mum breaking the oven, which was honestly funnier than it sounds, though we're on microwave food only for the foreseeable future.