Chapter 24- Brad's POV

Me and Tristan have been together for a while now, yet I've only just introduced him to my friends. It took him a while to heal from his last relationship, and I didn't want to push him into anything. But he seems to be having a good time, especially since he's now a bit more out of his shell. He's less shy, and much more confident.

It's my friend James' birthday, so we're out getting a few drinks. I asked him if I could bring Tristan with me, and he said yes, so here we are. It feels a bit weird to be in a bar that I can't call my own, it's been so long as I'm not usually a drunk night out kind of person. But it's fun hanging out with my friends, and introducing them to my boyfriend.

My other friend Connor had clearly already been at the alcohol when me and Tristan arrived, as the first thing he said was "Woah, you're so tall in person" instead of introducing himself like any normal person.

James had rolled his eyes at that. "Sorry about him. Oh, you must be Tristan." I think Tristan seemed quite relieved to be talking to someone normal, as Connor was giving the impression that all my friends are crazy. 

We're sitting around a table with our drinks when James says "Don't look now, but there's a really pretty girl over there."

Connor immediately turns around and loudly says "Where?", causing Tristan to put his head in his hands at the lack of subtlely.

James sighs, clearly regretting saying anything. "There. In the red top."

I look over, then laugh as I can see the person from a slightly different angle. "Uh, I hate to break it to you, but that's a guy."

"He has nice long hair though." Tristan adds helpfully.

James looks slightly put out, but he smiles. "It's always the hot ones. Why is it always me?" I'm about to answer when Connor suddenly dips under the table, and I genuinely think that he's fallen off his chair- it wouldn't be the first time, he's quite clumsy. "What are you doing?" James asks affectionately.

Connor beams at him- yep, he's definitely drunk. "I got you a present!" he announces, giving James a small bag. 

James opens it before laughing as he takes out a big badge saying 'Birthday Boy'. "Thank you Con, it's just what I always wanted." I smile- only Connor would bring something like that and be so proud of it.

As the evening goes on, I'm trying to watch my drinking- I don't want a re run of what happened last time I got really drunk, even though it would be quite nice to have Tristan look after me. He's not drinking much either, but then again he never really does. He said once that he used to be so scared of Corey when he was drunk that he promised himself never to get like that. It's horrible that he felt that way, it makes me so sad for him every time I think about it.

They say that time flies when you're having fun, and it certainly rings true as before I know it, it's 2am. I'm not one for staying out all night and neither is Tristan, so we start saying our goodbyes. As I'm hugging James, he says "Poor Tristan must think we're crazy. You should bring him again sometime when there's no alcohol involved."

"We should." I agree. "Happy birthday." He lets me go and I then notice Connor drunkenly rambling on about God knows what. Tristan is looking more than slightly concerned, so I decide to rescue him and take him home- he'll never want to see my friends again at this rate.

As we leave, he says "Is Connor always like that?"

I smile. "He's usually quite hyper, but not that bad unless he's been drinking."

Tristan laughs. "He was funny, I just don't know if someone could be like that all the time." I'm glad he enjoyed himself- he's a bit wary about new people, especially people who seem as crazy as my friends do. But that's just the way they've always been. 

When we get back to my house, we're both a bit too buzzed to be tired, though we are hungry. However, I've learned the hard way that cooking whilst drunk is a bad idea. So, 5 minutes later we're sitting on the couch eating cereal at nearly 3am. I'd never normally do this, and the nervous Tristan I first met certainly wouldn't. But things have definitely changed for the better.

------

This was bad, sorry 🙈 Also it's quite close to the end yet I've only just introduced James and Connor 🙄

Where I am it's December 24, so technically Christmas tomorrow 🎉 Have a very merry trismas 🎄