Chapter 18- Tristan's POV

I'm so glad that I got rid of Corey. I'm much happier and more like my old self again, even though there was a point where I genuinely thought that things would never get better. Luckily they did, though it's taken some getting used to. It's weird being with someone who genuinely cares about me, and I no longer wake up feeling terrified about what the day will bring. I shouldn't have to be grateful for a boyfriend who doesn't hit me, but I am.

Brad's taken such good care of me, and I guess now it's my turn to look after him. He woke me u this morning whining 'Trissy, I don't feel well', so we've been spending the day on the sofa with cuddles and trashy tv. Brad is currently curled up asleep with his head on my lap, and I'm absent mindedly running a hand through his hair. 

I lean down to kiss his forehead. He looks so cute and somehow even smaller when he's asleep- it's adorable. I can hear his quiet, content snores, and I have to smile to myself. I'm nowhere near this cute when I'm asleep, I'm jealous. As well as it being cute, the other good thing about him being asleep is that he's not in pain or discomfort at the moment.

Unfortunately, I seem to have spoken too soon. He begins to twitch in his sleep, stirring slightly and looking uncomfortable. I make gentle soothing noises, but sadly it doesn't seem to work. He suddenly sits up. "Trissy?"

I smile at the nickname. "Are you ok?"

Brad shakes his head. "I feel sick."

"Ok." I say gently. "Stay calm. Take deep breaths." Brad starts trying to copy my breathing, but suddenly gets up and sprints out of the room. I get up and follow him into the bathroom to find him kneeling next to the toilet gagging. I brush his hair off his face and start whispering to him gently, trying my best to comfort him- it's horrible seeing him like this. 

As soon as he starts throwing up, I'm there rubbing his back to try and ease the discomfort. "It's ok." I say softly, running my hands over his lower back. "I've got you."

Once he's finished, he flushes the toilet and turns around to face me. "Sorry." he apologises.

I hand him a cup of water. "Don't worry, we've all been there. Do you feel better now?"

Brad nods. "A bit."

"Good." I say, smiling. "I think sometimes you just need to quite literally get it all out."

Brad smiles weakly, but then a look of panic crosses his face as I turn away. "Don't leave me." he almost begs. 

"I'm not leaving you." I tell him. "I was just trying to get a bucket. Do you want to go back to the living room now?" Brad nods and goes to stand up, but I stop him by bending down and picking him up myself. He fits perfectly in my arms, and his small size means it's not hard to carry him. 

When we get back I put him down and tuck him under one of the many blankets before heading off to locate a bucket, just in case he throws up again. I find one in the cupboard, and I when I go back with it, Brad is half asleep. I sit down beside him and he instantly snuggles into my chest. Obviously it's not nice that he's ill, but I'm enjoying the cuddles. I start stroking his hair again, and just as I think that he's asleep, he quietly says "Trissy?"

"Yeah?" I reply. 

"Thank you for looking after me." he says, and is then cutely cut off by a yawn. 

I smile. "It's ok. You've looked after me enough, I owe you." Brad doesn't respond, and I look down to see that he's drifted off again. I kiss his forehead again, then when he's sound asleep, I start searching for something to watch. I find some conspiracy theory programme, and although I'd normally be interested, I can't stop myself from staring at Brad. 

After a while, I realise that it's getting late. I pick Brad up again and carry him to his bedroom, before placing him on his bed and tucking him under the covers. I take my hoodie off and tuck it in his arms so he has something to cuddle. I then kiss his forehead again and whisper "I love you." to him before turning the light off and leaving him to sleep peacefully- he needs rest, and so do I.

-------

Just because I wanted some cute fluff ☺️ And I thought it was cute to have Tristan looking after Brad. Let me know if you liked this!

Thank you for 1.1k on this ❤️ At this point I should add my usual disclaimer- I don't own the song this was based off, and even though I really wish I did, I don't own Tristan, Brad, James or Connor (even though they're not really in the story, maybe I should add them.)