Chapter 26- Brad's POV

A/n- I've lost track of the time frame of this story so let's say it's about a year after the beginning 

It feels like me and Tristan have known each other and been together for much longer than we actually have. It just feels right, like I've never known anything different, even though he's changed so much. He still has the endearing shyness that I found so cute when I first met him, and he'll never have a big loud personality. But he's so much more confident, and I'm so proud of him.

It took him a while to accept that he deserved better than that horrible boyfriend he used to have, who broke him and completely wore him down. He was a shell of himself when I met him, and it genuinely made me sad that he thought that was what he deserved. He's more than that, and he means the world to me.

He was more than happy to fit into my routine of performing every week, I think at first it provided some kind of distraction and escape from the craziness of the rest of his life. But now he's there as my biggest fan, and I love looking over mid song to see him smiling at me. It makes me happy, and I always play better when I'm in a good mood.

Right now, he's sitting in his usual seat at the bar. Sometimes he chats to the bartender, but usually he just sits and appreciates the vibe. It's a weird place, some people hate it but others love it- thankfully, both me and Tristan are on the love side. My friends aren't as keen though, but that's ok- it can be me and Tristan's not so secret hideout.

They say time flies when you're having fun, and that certainly seems the case as I glance over at the clock and see that it's nearly midnight. I've only really got time for one more song, even though I had about 4 planned. I look over to Tristan to see him smiling at me in the way he always does, and suddenly I know exactly what song to play. 

I rifle through my papers until I find it, something I've never played before. It's the one I was working on this one time when Tristan came in, and I was suddenly inspired. He's the only person to have ever heard it, so it's only right that I play it when he's here. It doesn't even have a title, but it's one of my favourites purely because it reminds me of my boyfriend.

Tristan looks slightly confused for a second, but then smiles again as he recognises the piece. Everyone in the bar is listening intently too- I tend to be mostly background music, so it's almost unsettling to have so many people focusing on me. Maybe it's just because it's new, so they want to concentrate, but it's certainly an odd feeling.

When I'm finished, I collect my papers and tip jar before smiling at the crowd. There's more applause than usual, and I notice this as I walk over to Tristan. "Everyone loved that." he tells me eagerly as I sit beside him.

I laugh. "It was kind of unsettling. I rarely get looked at like that." Tristan smiles at me, and I lean up to kiss him. He kisses me back almost instantly, and we're so used to each other by now. Even so, I don't want to go too far in public, so I break us apart. This is one of the things I've noticed most- the Tristan i met a year or so ago wouldn't have wanted to kiss someone in public, but I love that this Tristan does. 

I look over and see that a drink is waiting for me, and I have to smile. Even though he knows what I like so it's not really a surprise, it's still nice to see. Tristan sees me looking and says "I got it right, didn't I?"

I laugh at his slight panic. "You did. It's perfect, don't worry." I'm kind of hyped from performing- I always have a buzz, but knowing that they all liked one of my most personal songs means a lot to me, and it's a good feeling. Normally we don't stay out that late, as Tristan isn't one for falling into bed at 4am. He won't ever be into all night parties, but he might make an exception for tonight. It feels like a special occasion, even though we aren't really celebrating anything.

And so I spend the rest of the night in my favourite place with my boyfriend, which is the best way I can think of. Again, it's not what the old Tristan would have gone for, but the new one is loving it. I'm glad I stumbled into him in the street that one time- if not, I wouldn't be sitting here as happy as I am.

-------

And so we reach the end 😢 But I liked this one. I know the plot kind of wore off towards the end, but I liked the way it was written.

Next week I'm hopefully starting a trames au, because it's not like I've got anything better to do 😂 Check that out if you like.

Much love xx