Chapter 23- Brad's POV

I went to the bar by myself tonight. Usually Tristan comes with me, but he's had a long week and I made him stay home so he could get some sleep. I missed him, but I think some rest will do him good, as he did mention having a headache. I've got all the time in the world to spend with him, I can spare him for just one night.

Normally I'd stay and have a drink myself after my set, but there wouldn't be much point if it's just me, so I decided to just go home. There's always next week, and I'd rather be with Tristan anyway. As I walk in the darkness, I'm reminded of how much I enjoy being out at night. It's weirdly quiet compared to the day, but the change is good. Again, it'd be better if I had Tristan with me to admire the stars with, but it's still pretty good on my own. I'm lucky to be able to spend my nights like this.

I walk more slowly than usual- I just want to appreciate the tranquil darkness while I can, I rarely have the opportunity to just 'be'. I normally don't like being alone, I think it's because I'm so used to having Tristan with me, but at times like this I don't mind. It'd just be nicer to share the stars with someone I love, but I might as well make the most of the peace.

Eventually though, missing Tristan takes over me and I begin to speed up. He'll almost definitely be asleep, especially as it's nearly 2am, but I still want to see him. He's almost as cute asleep as he is awake, though that's hard to beat. It's always nice to see him relaxed and happy, especially after the tough times he's had. I'm just glad that he's happy now.

When I get home, I unlock the door as quietly as I can- he's quite a light sleeper, and I don't want to wake him up. I put the light on and take my shoes off, feeling tiredness creep up on me. I really want to go to sleep, preferably with Tristan by my side. He's so cuddly and warm, it's nice having him there. It's good for him too as he's always a bit twitchy about being left alone. That's partly why I was slightly reluctant to go without him tonight. He insisted he'd be fine, but I still felt bad. But hopefully he got some much needed rest, and I'm back now, so it's not just him anymore.

However, when I head into my room, I'm surprised to find the lights off. Tristan never sleeps in pitch black, so it's unlikely he's in here. I'm not entirely surprised when I put the main light on and find the room empty. He's definitely at home though, so he must be in the other room. I head to the spare room where he used to sleep, and sure enough, there he is. I have to smile as I see him curled on his side with his hair falling into his face. 

I go over to kiss his forehead, and I then see him move slightly, despite how careful I was being. He opens one eye sleepily. "Hi." he says quietly.

"Hi." I whisper. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

I turn to go back to my room, but he reaches out for my hand. "Can you stay with me?" he asks so quietly that I almost don't hear. 

I smile. "Sure." I pull my jeans off but give up getting undressed after that, then climb in beside him. This bed is a bit smaller than mine, but we can manage. 

"Was the show good?" he yawns.

I smile at his cuteness. "Yeah, but I missed you. Are you feeling better now?" He nods slowly, snuggling closer to me. I wrap my arms around his waist and say "How come you're in here?"

Tristan gives me a small smile. "I felt a bit weird about being in there without you. It didn't feel right."

"Well, I'm here now." I say quietly. "Come on, you need some sleep." He nods in agreement. 

We lie there together in the room that's mostly dark except for the beside lamp, and for a while I think he's asleep until I hear him say "Night Brad, love you."

I smile at him gently. "Love you too." He doesn't reply, so he must have gone to sleep. Soon enough, I'm beginning to drift off myself- he's so warm and cuddly. As I'm falling asleep, I can't resist looking over at my sleeping boyfriend- I'm so lucky to have him. I just hope he feels the exact same way.

------

I liked this one, I thought it was cute ☺️ Please let me know if you did too!

I'm seeing Taylor tomorrow at jingle bell ball (well, technically today). I'm looking forward to it, it's been almost 4 years since I last saw her 🎉