So... You're a country?

Ok, so... Where am I?

How many times have I said that today? Quick question: Who would move cross country to a state they had never been to, with no one, and no idea where they were? The Answer: Me. It was a huge mistake. So here I am, far away from home, luggage in hand, with no idea where I am.

"No, no, no!" Crap. My phone had just died and now I have no idea what to do! I closed my eyes and sigh in exasperation. Which was another bad idea on my part because I managed to run into someone and land on my butt.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. I-"

"Hey, dude, it's not a problem! Here!" He stuck his hand out. I looked up at the stranger. He had sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and glasses.

"Thanks. I really am sorry about that," I said, grabbing his hand. He helped me up but I almost brought him down with me.

"Woah! You're really strong! You remind me of a guy I know!" He let go of my hand, "What's your name, dude?"

"Maria. What's yours?" I responded.

"Am- Alfred. What brings you here?"

"Oh, I live here now. But I... I can't find my way around..." I muttered.

"Hey, dude, it's ok! Why don't you come over to my house? You can find your way from there!"

"Are you sure I won't be imposing?"

"Not at all, dude!"

"Alright, I will then! Lead the way!"

~Time Skip brought to you by the Hero~

"OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

"Maria? Are you ok?"

"No, I'm not. I'm supposed to meet with my real estate agent today to get the key to my new house, right? Well, turns out they rescheduled the meeting to yesterday without telling me! So now I'm out of a place to live," I slammed my head on the table, exhausted and stressed.

"Dude, I'm sorry. You can stay with me if you want to!"

"Are you sure?" I asked, my head still on the table, "Won't I be a burden to you? I mean we just met."

"Yeah, dude! It's totally cool! Here, lemme take you to your room!"

~Another Time Skip because I don't know how to write the next part except in a flashback so HERE WE GO~

It's been 4 months since I started living with Alfred. Or shall I say, America. Gather 'round, children, and I shall tell you about how my first friend away from home is the personification of the entire country of the US.

~Flashback~

"Cali!" Alfred yelled. I poked my head around the corner.

"I keep telling you it's Maria!"

"Whatever! I'm going to a meeting with a bunch of my friends. Wanna come with?"

"Sure. Why not?"

I honestly didn't think Al had any friends other than me. We always hung out together and he didn't leave the house much except to get food. When we got to the meeting, what happened was no less than surreal.

"Yay! We're here!"

"Ok, ok! Calm down!"

"Sorry! I'm just excited!"

"Alright! Let's go." Alfred grabbed my arm and pulled me towards a room inside the meeting hall. He went too fast and I made him wait before we went in so I could regain my composure. When I was finally back together, he opened the door valiantly and I saw a guy fly across the room.