Family

FYI: (M/N) means Mom's name and (D/N) means Dad's name.

Another one?

I was lying on my bed, staring at my phone screen. For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting emails from colleges trying to get me to enroll. Like hell, I was going back to college. I jumped into college right after high school. After drifting through my first two years, I got my associates degree, dropped out, and moved away.

I will admit, I miss my family. A lot. I pulled up the time zones for my location and my family. Perfect. They should be awake by now. I dialed my mom's number and waited. After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello?" I love my mother's voice. Comforting and soft.

"Hey, mom."

"(Y/N)! Hold on, let me get your dad."

"No need! I'm already here!" I faintly heard my dad's voice and laughed a little.

"Mom, put me on speakerphone," I heard her click the button and set the phone down, "How are you guys?"

"We're doing fine, sweetheart. How are you adjusting to your new home?" Mom asked.

"I'm good. I'm sorry I didn't call you guys before." I apologized.

"It's alright. So what's been happening over there? Do you have friends? Doesn't Natasha live there? How i-"

"Mom calm down! Yes, Natasha lives here. I've reconnected with her and we hang out a lot. Yes, I've made more friends. I live with a few of them too."

"Ooh~ Can we talk to them?"

"Sorry, guys. They're not home at the moment. Maybe some other time."

"Aww, ok."

"How are the boys?" I asked. I had 5 older brothers and no sisters.

"They're doing good. Peter is graduating from grad school soon. It will be within the year. You'll come back for it, won't you?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Well, your father and I are going to visit my sister in a bit so I'm gonna let you guys talk while I get ready. Bye, sweetheart."

"Bye, mama." She handed the phone to my dad and he turned the speakerphone off.

"Hey! What's up, firecracker?"

"Hehe, hey dad," He's been calling me firecracker since I was little and never stopped.

"So where are these roommates of yours?" he asked.

"Out shopping for the week. When do you and mom have to go?"

"In about 10 minutes. Why?"

"I... wanted to say I love you guys. I miss you so much," I began to cry a little.

"We love you too, firecracker. Maybe we'll have to come for a visit."

I smiled, "I'd love that, dad."

I heard the front door open and a faint "We're home!" from Italy.

"I have to go, Dad. I'll talk to you later. I love you!"

"Love you too." *click*

I lowered my phone as a few stray tears continued to run down my face. It hurts being so far away from them. My brothers weren't home at the time either. It hurt. I wanted to be home with my mom and dad and brothers.

I sat thinking so long that they sent Italy to come looking for me.

"(Y/N)~" We're home!~" he said bounding through my open door, "What's wrong?"