Introduction

Welcome to JustWriteBits, @justwriteit's platform for shorter stories.

If you are intimidated by the challenge of writing 10000 words in a month's time, or if you just don't find the time do do it, JustWriteBits might be more down your lane. 

This is the less daunting version in which we challenge participants to write a piece of flash fiction of up to 1200 words in 14 days.

How does it work?

The #JustWriteBits prompt will be posted at the beginning of each month in our #JustWriteBits prompt book. That's this book here. 

We will provide a new and exciting challenge from a different category every month so you have the opportunity to try your hand at different genres of writing, or simply enjoy your favorites. These really are short and sweet prompts. Sometimes it will be fiction, but quite often we will challenge you with some specific skills.

Guidelines for participants in #JustWriteBits :

All submissions must adhere to the Wattpad content guidelines.

Please note that mature-rated stories will not be accepted into the #JustWriteBits anthology, as we will be rating it for everyone.

All submissions must be in English. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Must be relevant to the given prompt.

Submissions can only be up to 1200 words.

Start on the first of each month and end on the fifteenth of each month.

All stories must be new and original work. We are looking for those unique, thrilling pieces.

Add the tag #JustWriteBits and the prompt tag to your new story on Wattpad.

You can simply add these stories to any existing collection you have. For this challenge they do not have to be stand alone.

Submissions are open to anyone adhering to all the guidelines listed above.

For more information regarding the guidelines stated, please visit our FAQ in the main guidebook.

Rewards:

This is a writing challenge, not a contest. This means there are no first place winners — only great pieces of fiction and talented authors. With that in mind, please rest assured that each and every submission collected will be considered, providing they follow our guidelines. We look for a certain quality in literature, so up to three of our favorites will be featured in our dedicated #JustWriteBits anthology. Keep learning, keep writing and never stop enjoying the written craft — perhaps one day you'll see your story in our anthology!

You will find further instructions in the chapters with the prompts, if any apply.

And now, let's start the show with our very first prompt...