Role Switch

Hakuryuu was angry and annoyed. Since the early morning he had done nothing but chasing after that stupid prince. That guy was a genius when it came down to hiding and running away. To be honest, Hakuryuu did not understand why the youngest prince of the Kou Empire – an empire which welfare was solely built on their military strength –, who always said he would love war and chaos, wasn't interested in obtaining a djinn. Conquering a dungeon was dangerous and difficult, but that was the reason why Hakuryuu was there. As a Magi he would lead the prince into the dungeon and help him to reach the treasure room in which the djinn resided. Furthermore, the emperor would surely send a few troops in the dungeon as well – like he had done before.
Just as a side note, Hakuryuu himself was not happy about leading anyone into a dungeon, especially when it was someone from the Kou Empire, but he had no other choice. For the emperor he was just a mere tool, a valuable tool, but still a tool. Hakuryuu could only reach his goal of taking revenge as long as he was alive and for that he had to be an obedient tool. He had witnessed the cruel nature of the royal family first hand, when they killed his family – later everyone would act as if it was just an unfortunate incident, but it had been cold-blooded murder. This world knew no mercy and so he had to follow the order of cleaning a dungeon together with the youngest son of the current emperor. Sadly, Judar had other plans and did not care about orders. At first Hakuryuu had hoped that Judar's attitude would help him out this time, yet he had soon realized that it was the opposite of what he had hoped. Instead of giving up on sending his son away the emperor ordered Hakuryuu to ensure that Judar got his first djinn in the next few months or else ... Well, the emperor hadn't finished his sentence back then, but it was obvious that Hakuryuu's life was on the line. A Magi alone was useless, only when they created dungeons and helped the royals to conquer them a Magi was useful – at least according to the emperor of Kou and his followers. At the moment there were enough unconquered dungeons and a Magi was not needed to reach the djinn – there were enough metal vessel user, who had gained a djinn without a Magi –, however it was easier with one.

Right now Hakuryuu was passing by the main garden, which had a big tree in the middle – Judar's favorite napping place. Full of hope to have finally found the prince, Hakuryuu approached the tree only to see that no one was there. How unlucky could a person be? And where the hell did Judar hide? Hakuryuu had already looked almost everywhere! He let out a deep sigh. What a cruel world. Maybe he should use some magic to find his target? Or ask the rukh, but they were not very talkative today. There was only one place left that he hadn't checked out yet. This place was Hakuryuu's bedroom. For whatever reason Judar loved to sneak into Hakuryuu's bedroom and occupy the bed – sometimes with Hakuryuu still sleeping in it and sometimes without him. It was pretty annoying and Hakuryuu never knew how to handle this kind of situations. How often had he tried to explain Judar that he should not do that? Too often. And how many times had it worked at least for a short while? Never. It was a lost case.
Slouchy Hakuryuu returned to his own room in hope to find the prince there.

Actually, this time he finally was lucky and found Judar, who had decided that Hakuryuu's bed was the best place to take a nap after eating lunch, which only consisted of peaches. Judar's favorite fruit were peaches, however his love for them was a bit abnormal, because sometimes he even refused to eat anything else but peaches. This could also be to annoy his parents and the servants or it was a serious obsession. Whatever it was, it was none of Hakuryuu's concern. However it was a helpful information when one wanted to bribe Judar. That guy was too simple minded sometimes – only when it came to conquering a dungeon that guy was extremely stubborn. Maybe because even with the help of a Magi conquering a dungeon meant hard work and work, especially hard work, was something Judar greatly disliked. He preferred to lazy around. Judar wasn't stupid or anything, he also could put a lot of effort into things, but for that to happen it needed a lot of interest in the subject. Questionable whether this was a good or bad thing. Who knew what Judar could have done until now with interest in too many things or the wrong ones? For the world's well-being it was probably the best that Judar preferred to be lazy. Only Hakuryuu had now to suffer due to this, but who was Hakuryuu anyway? A nobody. No one cared about him. So, so what that the laziness of the prince caused Hakuryuu a lot of trouble? It was only his problem. A heavy sigh from Hakuryuu again. Maybe he had luck this time and was able to convince Judar to clean the dungeon that had specifically been summoned for the prince.
First of all, however, he had to wake Judar up, because a sleeping prince was useless when one wanted to go into a dungeon. But this was another hindrance, because – how else could it have been – it was far from easy to wake Judar up. A war could happen right next to him and he still would be sound asleep. Such a deep sleep could be a blessing or a curse, depending how one viewed it. For Hakuryuu it was just another curse. Why had everything always be so complicated? It could all be so easy, but no, for whatever stupid reason it never was. Normally one would now try to tenderly wake the other person up, but Hakuryuu was past the point of being nice and tender, especially regarding Judar. Without thinking or caring much he took one of the free pillows and hit Judar with it he also could have used something harder, but there hadn't been anything nearby at that second, so that pillow was his weapon of choice. Not long after the first strike, Judar woke up and tried to grab the pillow, which ended unsuccessfully. However, Hakuryuu was a smart and kind person, therefore he stopped hitting the prince as soon as said person started to try to catch the pillow. Mentioning that Judar's mood was far from pleased was probably unnecessary. An angry Judar looked at Hakuryuu and waited for an explanation, which did not follow. Hakuryuu was silently staring back at the other. He was unprepared. Whenever he had approached Judar and tried to convince him to go into the dungeon he had been rejected. Why should this change now all of a sudden? He had gone to search for Judar while thinking that he wouldn't find the prince anyway, consequently he had not thought about how to handle the matter this time. Maybe he should just grab Judar and throw him into the dungeon? As soon as one entered a dungeon, one had to reach the treasure room and find the djinn to get out again. If one couldn't do so, one would die. Either killed by the dungeon creatures or because of starvation.