Love

Never had he dared to dream of this day. The day he would get married to the person he loved from the bottom of his heart. A person, who loved him! Ever since he had gotten rejected, he had never dreamed about actually getting married – until now all people he had cared about had rejected him and his feelings.
Yes, he had dreamed about it once, wished for it, but his mind had always told him that in the end he would stay alone. His own mind told him that he did not deserved love and now he was about to prove himself and his mind wrong! In a few hours he would be married and absolutely no one could change that! As long as no one died or other disasters occurred. However, today he would not let his negative mind ruin this day! All pessimistic thoughts were ignored – they still affected him, but he tried his best convincing himself that this wasn't the case. Nervously he walked up and down in his bedroom, which soon also was his spouses bedroom – technically it already was, since they shared the bed since the proposal months ago. After the wedding it would also officially be their room. This little thing somehow made Hakuryuu happy. All the little and big positive things in regards to his wedding made him happy. Nothing would change much, besides the color of the ring at their fingers, yet just thinking about the hours, days, weeks, months and years after the change made him curious, nervous and excited. In his head everything seemed so different despite being the same as before.
Soon they would hold hands as a married couple, not just as an engaged couple.
Soon they would share a bed as married couple, not just as an engaged couple.
Soon they would kiss each other as a married couple, not just as an engaged couple.
Soon they would walk down the hallway as a married couple, not just as an engaged couple.
Soon they would be wed!
And nobody and nothing could change that or could stop it! Well, at least as long as no war started or one of them was murdered or someone thought crashing the wedding would be fun. But how likely were those contingencies? Considering that this was about his happiness, it was very likely.
When was the last time he had luck without paying a high price in the aftermath? Had such a time ever existed for him? Maybe back in his early childhood, when Hakuyuu and Hakuren had been still alive? Who knew? He obvious did not.

Hakuryuu still wore his normal clothes. His wedding clothes were waiting in the dressing room, however he didn't want to put them on too soon. Due to his nervousness he was sweating a lot and he really didn't want his clothes to be wet, when getting married. Also he could make them dirty while waiting for the ceremony to begin. Everything that could possible delay his wedding was to be avoided! Dirty clothes were one of those things. Of course, he knew that his beloved couldn't care less about clean clothes or about a ceremony in general, but for Hakuryuu these things were important. That also was the reason why they had a ceremony in the first place. To get wed in the Kou empire one did not need to celebrate it, all that was needed was – at least when it was a royal wedding – a "wedding contract" and the certification by a priest. The contract normally only played a role in political marriages, which was not the case here, and the certificate was just a piece of paper, on which the name of those who got wed were written down and a priest signed it to confirm that those two married. Both documents were only used in royal weddings. The common people had a certificate as well, but it was less formal and important and it was just called "registration confirmation". Two different things for the same thing, because royals needed special treatment and distance themselves from the common people, even if it was just because of a piece of paper. For Hakuryuu the paper was uninteresting, he cared more about the ring, which soon would be put on his finger! Maybe it was stupid or ridiculous, but for him this small item was an important, material proof of their love. Of course, he knew that he was loved deeply even without the ring, sadly his mind loved being mean and every now and then started to question the feelings and intentions of the people around him. So in the end he needed it to trick himself, to believe himself and others.