Organized mess

"What are you doing", Judar asked his chosen king with a skeptical gaze and a raised brow.
It was nothing new to see Hakuryuu reorganizing his desk, but one could overdo it.
"I am organizing my desk", Hakuryuu stated the obvious.
"Well, I can see that. But why? You just put your stuff from A to B and back again."
Judar was confused. It wasn't like Hakuryuu placed his stuff somewhere else to have a better look at his desk or to make room for him and all his paperwork. No, he was just placing the same things from A to B and back again, as if this would change something. If he would clean his desk at the same time, Judar wouldn't be so confused, but since Hakuryuu was not, it was strange. Although it was not the first time Judar saw Hakuryuu acting like that.
"I am just organizing my desk, right", Hakuryuu repeated himself annoyed.
"Alright."
One lesson Judar had learn over the time was to not argue with an angry or annoyed Hakuryuu. In the end it would just be Judar's loose. And Judar hated losing! Only weaklings lost! Without saying more Judar sat down on the sofa next to his king's desk and watched the latter one doing whatever he was doing. In a strange way it had something calming to watch Hakuryuu focusing on his reorganization of stuff. Maybe because Hakuryuu was extremely calm about it and it was very monotonous. Whenever he watched Hakuryuu, Judar started to think about the time they had spent together and it made him smile, also it reminded him that his kind had some very cute, but also very strange, habits. One of those was his tendency to over organize things. His working place, for example his desk, had to be clean and neat. With one look around one could find anything one needed. However, when one wanted to search a specific document Hakuryuu had worked on, things got more difficult. In one of the many tall shelves Hakuryuu ordered his documents and scrolls, which were necessary for a smoothly working process. This may sound normal and one could wonder where the problem lied, the problem was the way all this writs were organized. Sometimes Hakuryuu kept it simple and just ordered them in the way he had finished them. Other times they were ordered by their names or by their affiliation. And then there were those, which were ordered by date and those, which were ordered by a parameter unknown to everyone but Hakuryuu. Judar laughed every time, when one of the servants tried to convince his king to change the organization and make it easier. A normal person would feel sorry for the servants and every other person, who had to deal with Hakuryuu's system, but Judar found it funny – at least as long as he himself hadn't had to deal with it.
For Hakuryuu, on the other hand, everything was clear and easy to understand. One only had to use the thing inside one's head called a brain. Unfortunately, some seemed not to possess one or were too lazy to use it. There was a logical structure behind his system and one only had to know, what one was searching for. There was a pile with documents that were of minor importance and therefore were ordered by the date he had worked on them. Often those documents were internal affairs and a servant brought them to the relevant departments twice a day. So, there was no need to search there, because whoever needed the documents would get them soon anyway. For the other things one only had to know what kind of document one was searching for – for example if it was something about agriculture, one had to look for this section and then go by the date it was written, in case one was searching for information material, or by the date it was requested, in case one was searching for a request regarding agriculture of the Empire. Way was it so hard for almost everyone else to understand this system? Whenever he searched for something he found it with ease. So why were the servants making such a fuss? Maybe it was because it wasn't so obvious what document belonged in which category all the time and Hakuryuu had too many compartments and subcases and one could also over organizes things. What sounded logical and easy in theory didn't have to be logical, easy or practical in praxis. Judar had tried to explain it to Hakuryuu many times, but without any positive results. In the end he had given up, because it didn't bother him at all – also Hakuryuu needed his structure or else he would feel uneasy. As Magi Judar had other duties to fulfill and luckily hadn't had to do much paperwork. Reading and writing weren't his favorite activities and he sucked at both. And let's be honest, it was quite fun to watch the servants despair, when looking for documents.