The sun, the moon and the stars

Whenever they paid Judar's home village a visit, Hakuryuu took the chance to enjoy the nice weather and the beautiful sight. Near a big lake he laid down and closed his eyes. A soft wind cooled down the hot air and the shadow created by the giant, old tree next to him was also quite helpful. The weather was wonderful, but without the wind it would be too hot to go outside. Judar had stayed back in the village – probably not voluntarily – to help out there. Normally Hakuryuu also offered a helping hand and with Zagan's power he could do a lot for the people. However, he hadn't come here to work, he was here to relax from all the work at home. An advantage of Judar been kept busy by the villager was that Hakuryuu could also take a break from his friend. He liked Judar, but that guy could be very exhausting. So a few hours without the other one were always welcomed and needed. The two of them had discovered this place, but until then it had always only been Hakuryuu, who came back and enjoyed the place. Because he was a nice person, he had offered Judar to come with him, but got rejected every time. There was almost nothing he hated more than rejections, therefore he stopped asking. Sometimes it seemed like Judar wanted to be asked, wanted to go with him, but Hakuryuu ignored it. If the other one wanted something, he had to say it or stay silent forever!
The only person who kept him company from time to time was his wife. Due to her own duties she did not go to Judar's village every time the other two did, also she was of the opinion that her husband and his friend should spent some of their free time together without her. The life in the palace was hectic and it was so easy to overlook each other. This time she had gone with them, because she was tired of all the work and needed a break, also she wanted to eat the great meat buns made by one of Judar's relatives. Seeing her happy made Hakuryuu happy as well. Because of their marriage she also lived in Kou, thus she had to leave her own home. For him she had left her home, her family and her friends – of course, she could visit them or write them, but it was still a huge difference whether someone was near or far, far away. So when she came with them to Judar's home village, Hakuryuu was even happier. Somehow it felt more complete with her. Also the lake was a perfect dating place! Quite a few times they had picnicked here and it had been wonderful. Theoretically one could also go bathing in the lake, but none of them really liked swimming or the water. Hakuryuu disliked it because of his scars, his wife disliked it because of no particular reason – maybe because she did not trust the fishes and other creatures inside the water, also water was cold. She disliked the cold. Judar liked it. Those two were so different and alike at the same time that Hakuryuu could only be amazed. Both of them liked his food and him, and he liked the two. So everything was fine.
Ever since his family died, he felt like his life was covered in darkness. The whole world had turned dark and he had only seen the light again, when Judar and he had joined hands. However his world had still been dark not bright. Judar was not a bright person. He loved chaos and causing trouble for others. However Judar had turned the black world into a gray world. Finally he had seen an end to his struggling and pain, one could say he had seen the light at the end of the dark tunnel. The one who had given his gray world all of the colors back was his wife. They had met when he had gone to pick Judar up from his home village. Back then Hakuryuu hadn't known where exactly Judar had been or that the village was the other one's home, but when Judar told him he had felt happy. Hearing that his friend had found his home and a few relatives, was a great thing – he had feared Judar may not come back to the Kou Empire back then, but his fear was unfounded. As if the so called black Magi would let go of his king, who he had missed so much. And his king had missed him a lot as well.
Hakuryuu had stay some days, during that period he also had met his wife. She and Judar had already know each other and it actually had been Judar, who had introduced her to him. Who would have thought that Judar was good as a matchmaker? Well, Hakuryuu had not. His wife was a cheerful person, who also could be very negative, when she was in a bad mood or sad. However, she always tried to see the bright sight of everything, as long as it was not about her. Whenever something bad happened to her she immediately saw it as the end of her life and nothing good would ever happen to her. Yes, she could be very dramatic at times, which was amusing in some situations. But most of the time she was a happy little ray of sunshine – well, maybe not that little, since she was only a bit smaller than Hakuryuu. Judar still mocked her with it and she let him get her. As counter she always used his weak physics against him. In the end those two would bicker – a friendly bickering.
"There you are", someone called out to the almost sleeping Hakuryuu.
As tired as he was, he barely opened his eyes to see, who had called him, although he could already tell just by the voice. His wife had gone to search for him.
"Here I am and here you are", Hakuryuu said in response with a smile on his lips.
Simply seeing her made him smile and feel good.
"You should have said where you were going. It took me so long to find this place. As punishment you have to cook me my favorite dinner later."
Hakuryuu hadn't said anything, because he had assumed that everyone knew where he was going. On the other hand, most barely visit the lake and therefore probably barely anyone knew where it was located. His wife also did not come here very often, so she was even more unfamiliar with the landscape than the people of the village.
"Sorry, I thought it was obvious. Next time I'll tell you and show you where you have to go to get here", Hakuryuu apologized, "C'mon sit down. The weather is pretty nice today, so let us enjoy it."
"Nice? The weather it horrible! It's way too hot", his wife complained, while she sat down next to him under the tree.
Hakuryuu was confused and one could see it on his face. He had thought she liked it warm. Wasn't she constantly complaining, during the winter, about how cold it was and how she wanted it to be summer again? Had he misunderstood something important?
"I thought you liked it warm."
"I do. However, there is a huge difference between "hot" and "warm". When it's warm you do not sweat like made by just being alive. But when it is hot, you do! And the worst, you cannot get away from the heat!"
She really wanted to take off all of her clothes, although it would not do much. It still would be too warm and she would still sweat like crazy.
"Maybe when you asked very nicely then Judar may use his ice magic too cool you down", Hakuryuu suggested.
"Um, not a bad idea. Unfortunately, I think Judar would overdo it or refuse, just so he can annoy me. He can be such a dick."
Yes, Judar could and he would use every opportunity he could get to prank someone or to be an asshole. But until now he also had always helped, when asked by Hakuryuu or his wife. Even when the latter one often got into arguments with Judar, they got a long pretty well. Those small disputes were never serious and existed only because both of them could be very stubborn and didn't want to lose to the other one. Unfortunately for Judar, Hakuryuu's wife won most of the arguments.
"Or he is so kind and does help you. And then you have to thank him."
"Yes."
While they had talked, she had taken off her shoes. Feeling the grass on her skin was nice – she was a bit ticklish. For a while none of them said anything. She was playing with the grass and Hakuryuu was watching her. Although he was sleepy he did not want to fall asleep, because for him it was rude to sleep, while someone else was there. What if his wife wanted to talk to him? Or felt lonely? Yes, he had a lot of self-made problems, but this was just how he was.