Reunion

Insecurely he made one step after the next in this unnatural bright world. Where was he and why was he here? Neither Zagan nor Belial were with him right now, but they had been just a moment ago. Losing Zagan also meant losing his Guandao, which meant that he was completely defenseless. He hated the feeling of being defenseless, of being weak and of being useless. Without his djinns he was so useless. Self-hate rose inside him, but was suppressed by his mind that told him to focus on the fact that he was in an unknown place with unknown threats. All he could hope for, was to find an exit before something bad happened to him and that his fist fighting skill were enough to defend himself. However, he would prefer it to leave this place without a fight. A part of him tried to tell himself that this was just some weird dream and nothing to worry about, but why did it feel so real? In case of a dream, should he not be unaware that it was one? So, was this real? It felt like that, yet it seemed so unreal at the same time. This was probably due to the brightness around him. There was no place in the world, which could be so bright and besides him no one else was here. He could not even see anything like a tree or the sky. A blank world.
Strange and scary!

Something small, chirping, white flew past him. At first he was startled by it, but calmed down fast. It seemed like a rukh. Why could he see a rukh? It had been white, so this means that he was in a safe environment, right? Or was this just a trick? As long as things did not go against destiny even hell would be filled with white rukh, right? However, the rukh where heading somewhere. Maybe he should follow? Maybe someone was there – wherever "there" was. Standing in one place would not help him getting out of wherever he was right now. Of course there was no guarantee that he got out by following the rukh, yet it had a better chance of being successful than doing nothing, and even when he couldn't get out, he may find out what kind of place this "world" was. Or he would wake up, in case this was just an extremely strange dream.
While he walked forward, in the direction the rukh had flown, he always looked around just to make sure that no one was following or about to attack him. Seemingly he was alone here. He hated being alone. Since the murder of his family he had been alone, he didn't want to feel lonely anymore, he didn't want to be alone anymore – and he still wasn't over the loss of his family. He still had nightmares about the fire and he often dreamed and thought about his brothers, especially their last words. But this was a different matter.
When thinking about his brothers he felt warm, as if a blanket had been put around him, as if someone had hugged him – despite it being many years since someone gave him a hug, he still could somewhat remember that feeling of it and the comfortable warmth it caused. Well, who had though that he would remember something like this in a place like that? Who had thought that he would ever think about something like hugs again? Despite hoping and wishing for love, he somehow had accepted that something like this was not meant to be for him. His mind had already accepted that thought of never being loved or accepted by others – well, only Judar was on his side and maybe Kougyoku. He and his sister had to do a lot of makeup talks. However, both fell in a different category then the love and acceptance he had once dreamed of, yet he did not want to miss them. Both were important to him and he did not want to lose them! They were all he had! Judar was his only friend and Kougyoku was the only family he still had – Hakuryuu was not sure, how things between him and Hakuei would turn out, when she would wake up, but he hoped for the best.

Hakuryuu shook his head. This was not the time to think about such matters. The past was the past and the present was the present. He should finally stop thinking so much about it. Right now there was a more important issue to handle. The amount of rukh around him increased. Was this good or bad? It could mean that someone else was here. Maybe a Magi? Or a metal vessel user? As long as it was not an enemy, he was fine with anyone. However, anxiety still rose inside of him. What if it was an enemy? And there were still no clue where he was, not to speak of the fact that he did not know how he got here – well, again, wherever that "here" was.
The chirping got louder and he could hear voices. Two male voices. Hakuryuu could not understand, what was said, but a feeling inside him told him that the owners of the voices were not his foes. They somehow sounded familiar. Maybe one of his comrades were here as well? This would be great! In this case they could search for an exit together and defending each other against enemies was easier. A small shower of relief passed through him. His tense posture unbent. Of course, he still stayed alerted. There was no guarantee that those voices really belonged to his comrades and not a foe. It was better to expect the worst, instead of the best, so nothing could surprise him. Better safe than sorry! With a soft "hello" Hakuryuu tried to call attention to himself, which did not worked out, because his voice was a bit too low. The rukh's chirping drowned his voice. Another try, this time a little bit louder, but the rukh's were still louder. How loud did those two still unknown voices speak to each other, if Hakuryuu was able to hear them over the noise made by the rukh? Was he just imagining things?
More and more rukh filled the surrounding area the closer he got to the voices.
"Hello?", Hakuryuu almost screamed, hoping that he now was able to overtone the noise around him.
The voices went silent and the rukh suddenly flew away, which caused Hakuryuu to shield himself from the light. Getting blind was not a pleasant thought.