The Guardian Vampire - 10

The driver arrived at their destination, just after the sun came up. Tara was grateful when Cam leant her his black leather jacket. It would cover most of her skin as the man was very tall. The sun didn't burn vampires, but it made them very tired and weakened them. She exited the cab and looked ahead. The address had led them to a blue and white beach house. 

Tara followed Bailey and the others towards the house and felt the moisture from being so close to the ocean. The house was very cute. White stairs led them up to the entrance of the house. Tara watched as Ashley seemed very excited to be able to stay in the house. This made her happy as she had never seen Ashley smile like that. They all waited as Ethan plucked a key from under the mat and opened the door, signaling for everyone to step inside. 

Once inside, Lara and Norah began to close all of the blinds. Whoever built the house decided it would be nice to have way too many windows that let in sunlight. Tara looked up and was glad there weren't any sky lights. The inside of the house was cute, but a bit too predictable. It had the 'Under the sea' look but it was cozy. 

"Do I even have to ask who booked the house?" Tara asked, looking over at Bailey.

"I had to book it. Ethan was looking at a boring apartment building in Hollywood." Bailey shrugged. 

"Is that a rooming chart? What's next a chores chart?" Nate said, noticing the white piece of paper that was probably the room chart. 

"Yes it is and I will be working on the chores chart." Bailey grinned. "Anyways, there are five bedrooms. Three upstairs and two downstairs." She paused, snatching the paper from Nate. "First downstairs room to our right will have Cam since it's just one bed. Second room downstairs will have Jarith and Nate and yes there are two beds. First room upstairs will have Lara and Ethan." She paused to wink at them. Lara was still weary of her, but she gave her a small smile. 

"Second room upstairs will have Jade and I. Third room is for our precious humans, Ashley, Alex, and Norah." She finished, petting Alex's head. Tara let out a giggle as she never heard her name in the room arrangement. Oh, Bailey was going to panic when she found out about her slip up. 

"Any questions?" She asked.

"Am I crashing on the couch?" Tara asked, raising a brow slightly. Bailey went even paler. 

"Oh no, Tara. I knew I forgot someone. I'm such an idiot." She already began to panic, falling to the floor on her knees in front of Tara. 

"I'm so sorry. You can sleep in my room. I'll sleep outside and let the hot son boil my beautiful skin." She rambled, holding on to Tara's legs. 

Tara laughed softly and touched Bailey's shoulder. The girl panicked any time she made a mistake. It was kind of cute exept she was squeezing her leg pretty tight. 

"You can sleep in my room, Tara. A woman should have her own room anyways. I will use the couch when I grow tired." Cam spoke, a look of amusement as he looked down at Bailey. 

"Oh, no that's..." Tara began, but was cut off by Bailey. 

"That's perfect. Thank you Cam. You saved the day." She grinned, going over to him and giving him a hug. Tara noticed Bailey pull back suddenly. 

"I forget you're electric." She said. Cam simply laughed. 

"Well, all I want is a shower. Anybody bring clothes?" Tara asked. She was glad to see that Lara and Norah had packed clothes from the cabin. 

Walking to her room, she layed the clothes Lara had let her borow on the bed. She was surprised to find that they were very close in size. She slipped off the jacket Cam had leant her and also laid it on the bed. She would give it back to him when she was done with her shower. Tara walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind her before begining to undress. 

Fifteen minutes later she had a towel wrapped around herself and a towel wrapped around her wet hair. She smelled much better and felt so refreshed. She hung her towel behind a chair and began to dress. She slipped on a white tank top and a high waist pink skirt that stopped mid thigh. She wasn't fond of short skirts as they restrained in a fight, but she felt fairly safe at the moment. 

Once she was done getting dressed, she shook her long blonde hair from the towel and looked around for a brush. She found one in a drawer and after inspecting it and finding it new, she ran it throgh her hair. She looked in the mirror and smiled, seeing the waves already start to dry. Water on vampires tended to dry faster than on a human. She looked at her refection and began to remember how she looked before she was turned. 

Before becoming a vampire, her hair used to be of medium length and her blonde curls were untaimed. She usually wore it in a bun because it was just too curly. She always longed for straight or wavy hair like pretty girls had. She didn't begin to wear it down until Jarith had told her he loved her curls. He had twirled a stray strand that had fallen from her bun and ordered her to wear it down. 

That reminded her, she was mad at him. Although they had loved eachother and dated when they were both human, those feelings were dulled when she was turned. The only feeling she felt was hunger and madness. Life would have been so different if she would have stayed human. Now, her and Jarith hadn't seen eachother in over twenty years. Their relationship of love had faded when she turned, he began to work for Aiden, and she dated his brother for a short decade. 

Life was too complicated. Many things had changed, but Aiden was still the same, if not worse. He had always been evil, but now he had minions and power. She sighed, and was about to lay down when she heard a knock on her door. She went to open it, slipping on her silver guardian bracelet. At the door was Jarith. 

"Jarith. I'm still mad at you." Tara said, crossing her arms and meeting his eyes. 

"I know, Tara. What I did deserves at least a decade of you being mad at me." Jarith said. 

"A decade is nothing in vampire years. Anyways, I'm too tired to scold you." She sighed. 

"A decade is a long time to watch the woman you were supposed to marry, date your brother." He said, raising a brow. She had admited her weakness in being tired and now he knew he would be able to get away with his smart comments. 

"Oh, stop being so melodramadic. Our relationship had been over for thirty years before I dated him." She added, surprised slightly by his comment. 

"Whatever. I bet I was the better kisser anyways." He said, throwing an object he had in his hand. Tara catched it and found it to be blood in a sports drink bottle. The label said it was Fruit Punch flavored. Very funny. 

"For brining me food? Yes, you were the better kisser." She said. Not able to help herself, she embraced him in a warm hug. Regardless of what he did, she still cared for him. 

"It's been too long, Tara. It's really nice seeing an old friend again." He said, hugging her back. 

"Yeah well, stop playing for the evil team and we won't have to go this long without seeing eachother. I try to be as far away from Aidan as I can." Tara said. 

"I know. What he did to you... I didn't know. Not until Ethan told me. I'm sorry he made you suffer like that." He said, pulling away from the hug and glancing down at her stomach. Tara flinched, hating that he knew she had scars from Aidan. 

"But you should rest. You're probably tired. Don't worry, he can't step foot into California. The Duefrey family had banned him for years now." He said, kissing her cheek and leaving her room. 

Tara heard the door click close and went to lay on the bed. She placed the bottle of blood on the night stand and decided she would drink it after she rested. The bilnds were drawn shut and the drapes shut tight. Not too much sun light came through and she was able to relax enough to fall into vampiric sleep. It wasn't regular sleep as they didn't need it. But they would still dream and her dreams were filled with Aidan. At one point in the dream, he brought out the enchanted dagger and had begun to carve his initials on the skin of her stomach. She felt the pain over and over again.