The Guardian Vampire - 2

The Guardian Vampire- Chapter2

2010, September 25

Tara knew that today was the day they had all been preparing for. Recent events had her here at a cabin, helping Ethan and Jarith stay alive. She was laying on an air mattress Ethan had set up for her. She knew she had to feed soon as she felt an all too familiar scratch at the back of her throat. She was confident that they would over throw Aiden's army, but she still worried about the humans. She hoped Aiden would come himself so she can personally end his life but she knew he would probably not leave his safe place.

Tara giggled softly at the thought of her being worried about humans. She had learn to understand them better, but she still wasn't all too trusting of them. She was so deep in thought that she didn't even realize a warm body next to her. She felt the warmth and aura and looked over curiously. She knows the warmth is far stronger then that of a humans. She knows it's Nathan.

The fire demon, Nathan that goes by Nate. Tara's instincts tell her he is not to be trusted, as he is a demon naturally hired by the demon god and she is a vampire with the duties of a spirit guide, hired by the guardian goddess. These two creatures were never meant to be in the same room, let alone at close proximity's. Tara rolls her eyes and pushes him off of the bed.

Nate looks over at Tara and glares at her. "What was that for?" He asks. "You were laying by me. It was quite disgusting." She says, glaring back at him. "I was tired and everyone else is taken. I thought since cold hearted vampires technically don't sleep I would use the mattress to sleep. Besides, I lay ed down a good thirty minutes ago and you said nothing." He chuckled lightly and looked into her eyes. "You know you wouldn't mind sleeping with me, as you are trying so hard to resist me." He looked at her with his iceberg blue eyes, making his bottom lip stick out a bit.

Tara would be lying if she said he didn't look adorable. The way his lip ring made his bottom lip look fuller. "I do want to let you know that I don't sleep with your kind." He says, with a cocky grin. Tara's eyes flash with anger, making her usual teal eyes turn a dark blue. She didn't think, just swung for his face, but Nate was prepared and caught her fist just inches away from his face. Tara was quicker and grabbed his neck with her other hand. 

Nate grinned and winked at her. "Don't flatter yourself, demon. I don't sleep with your kind either. You demons aren't rough enough for my taste." She says. Tara watches as his eyes bulge and he releases her hand. Tara releases his neck and watches as small flames grow in his eyes and are quickly replaced by a look of amusement. 

Tara hears a door open and senses Ethan walk out of the room him and his girlfriend are staying in. "Enough fighting you two, Save your hatred and energy for the fight." Ethan says, walking into the living room looking smug. Tara watches as he walks to the kitchen and opens a bag of bread. She watches closely as he places the bread into the toaster and moves to the coffee pot. When Tara first came to the cabin, they had no energy or water, but she was glad they had finally got some. 

She realizes that Ethan has a goofy grin on his face. Realization hits her and she smiles softly. He slept with Lara last night, she knew it. She knew she had heard some moaning last night, but she shook it off as maybe Lara having some nightmares. Tara giggles softly and shakes her head. 'Silly me', she thinks. She gets up and walks away from the irritating, but handsome Nate and walks towards Ethan. 

Tara sits on one of the stools across from where Ethan is standing. "Hey, Ethan. What's up?" She laughs, trying not to giggle at his goofy grin. "Just making Lara some breakfast." Ethan replies. She watches as he turns around to get the toast as it is popping out. She hears him humming something that sounds like, 'You are my Sunshine.' Tara can't hold back her giggles any longer. She giggles furiously and watches as Ethan turns to her with one eyebrow raised.