The Guardian Vampire - 12

Finding out Aiden was going to keep her trapped in the dream realm was scary enough. When he ordered for her to lay down, he fear increased. Her body seemed eager to lay down though. And it did, her shirt stayed pulled up and her stomach was still bare. She watched as Aiden knelt before her. The dagger in his hand inched closer to her stomach and she shivered. 

"My girl, I hate to cause you pain. But the pain you have caused me is equal if not worse than physical pain." Aiden said as he brought the dagger down to her stomach. Tara flinched anf bit down on her lower lip so she wouldn't scream. "You see, when you left I was so completely devastated." He continues, starting the carving of her stomach. 

"What are you doing to me?" She whispered. 

"Oh, just communicating with the others on your side. I'm writing a message to them on your beautiful skin. I'm sorry I have to ruin your beauty." Aiden laughed and continued carving. Tara whimpered and held back her tears. "I wonder if that demon boy will still want to be with you after all the scars this will leave you." He commented as he moved to start carving on her arms. 

Tara screamed then as the pain was more intense then on her stomach. She looked down at her arms and realized it was because he was carving more letters into her arms. Her eyes traveled to her stomach and on it read, 'Return the book'. The tears began to spill as he continued with the letters that she couldn't make out on her arms. 

"It's a curse, Tara. The ancient script on your arms." He told her. "If you don't come to me with the book, you will burn alive." He laughed. "That's not the only thing because I know you, you would burn to save them from me. The human girl left behind a sweater and with that my wizard was able to curse her as well. If you don't come to me, she will be consumed with a need to kill herself." He finished. 

Just then, Tara saw Jarith standing behind Aiden. Jarith extended his arm and they were consumed with a bright green light. Tara opened her eyes and was back in her room at the beach house. She gasped, red tears still spilling from her eyes. Jarith, Ethan, and Lara were around her. They seemed to be chanting something and when they saw her eyes open, they closed the spell. 

Tara felt a warm hand touch her cheek and was now fully awake. She looked over to see it had been Nate who touched her cheek. Seeing him now made her wonder if the man on the beach with her human self was him. Aiden had mentioned him so it could be true. She gave a slight smile as the pain began to dull. She wanted to look down, but didn't want to see the scars again. 

"She needs to feed." Jarith said, signaling towards the plastic bottle half filled with blood. Tara took the bottle from Nate and sat up drinking the rest of it quickly. She looked around and frowned. 

"What happened?" She asked, getting the courage to look down at her stomach. She flinched when she saw the red words, fading on her stomach. 

"They will heal. In the dream, they wouldn't have stayed like his initials. He didn't have you long enough." Jarith explained. 

"Unfortunately, the curse on your arm will stay until you take him the book or...." Ethan finished. Tara looked up at him and knew what he meant. She looked down at her arm and sighed. The curse would stay until she went to Aiden with the book or she burned alive. 

"Where's Ashley?" Tara asked, suddenly afraid for the girl. The last thing she wanted was for anything to happen to her. 

"She went with Cam and Norah to get human food. Alex is with them as well." Nate assured her. 

"Oh, what are we gonna do?" She sighed, dropping her face into her hands. She felt a warm hand rub her back soothingly. The only warm blooded person by her was Nate so she knew it was him.