The Guardian Vampire - 11

The Guardian Campire - 11

Everything was glowing a soft blue. A slight wind began to pick up and her paws stomped on the floor as she ran, folowing the glow of the guardian light. Tara was in her spirit form, a large white tiger. She felt the lost soul, confused and scared. When she neared the soul, she felt it's pain. There stood a red headed woman in her early thirties, crying over her death. 

Tara approached her carefuly and nuzzled the womans knee. The woman jumped slightly, but then relaxed as she realized that the tiger seemed harmless. Tara used her thoughts to comunicate with the souls she led. 

'Hello, Tonya. I'm Tara. I know you are scared, but as you might already know... you have passed away." Tara said softly as the woman nodded. 

'I'm here to guide you away from the living. I know you grieve for your daughters, but they will both grow up to be amazing women just like you.' Tara added. 

The woman looked at the tiger, puzzled. Her daughters were nine and eleven and she feared to leave them alone. But it was her husband that looked the most grieved over her death. 

'Will my husband be okay?' She asked. 

'Oh, yes. He will miss you very much, but he's a strong man and he will protect his daughters to the very end. You both will reunite once the girls are older and both have children of their own.' Tara paused, licking the womans hand. 

'Now, come with me and be at peace. You can still look down on your family whenever you wish." Tara told the woman and watched as she stood and followed Tara to her destination. 

Finding the soul was always easy, but getting them to go quietly was rare. To her luck, Tonya had been sick for four years and was prepared for this moment. She went quietly and Tara was glad for it. When Tara left her spirit form behind, she also woke up. The pain in her stomach was still there and had only increased. She clutched her lower stomach and cringed. 

She hadn't noticed that Nate was there until she heard his concerned voice. 

"Are you okay? I felt that you were in pain. Weird." He said as he went to her side. Tara opened her eyes and let go of her stomach, trying to ignore the pain. 

"Yeah, probably just hungry. Oh and that would be because I fed from you recently. I can feel your concerned, but I'm okay... really." She said, reaching for the sports drink bottle on the nightstand. 

She lied, knowing the pain wasn't because she was hungry. The pain was sharp and burning where Aiden had ingraved his initials. He must have been doing something. Finding out they had escaped would make him angry beyond comprehencion. She had to tell Ethan, although she would try to hide it for as long as she could. She ignored the pain and popped the bottle open. 

She took a long drink and set the half full bottle back on the nightstand. Licking her lips slightly, she felt a bit better. The pain faded slightly and she  noticed Nate had been watching her. 

"What?" Tara asked, feeling slightly embarrassed for some reason. 

"I was just thinking that it wasn't that bad when you fed from me." He paused. "If you want to do it again, it would be okay." He finished, running a hand through his hair. 

Tara was completely surprised. She wasn't expecting him to offer his vein. Her fangs elongated slightly and she let out a small laugh. It wasn't unpleasant at all to drink from him. He had tasted amazing and the feelings she felt when she had fed from him were overwhelming in a good way.  

"Nevermind." Nate said, standing and begining to walk away. Tara stood and grabbed his arm gently. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, Nate. I'm just surprised you would offer." She said, feeling bad that she had offended him.