Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

"What do you mean 'you'll tell me everything'? Are there things that you haven't told me?" questioned Gerard as he tilted his head curiously at Frank. Frank felt guilty and nodded his head while looking down at the ground.

"I-," Frank sighed. "I just didn't want to tell you because you seem so... so perfect. Everything about you Gerard. Everything is perfect, and I- I'm just so fucked up. I'm not like you." Gerard was taken back by what Frank had said and he dropped his uptight attitude and pulled Frank into his chest. Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard's torso and let out an exasperated breath.

"Don't say things like that," said Gerard with a soft voice, "I'm not perfect. I don't know why you would ever think that, but please just know that I'll accept you no matter what, Frank. Everyone's fucked up. Everyone has secrets..."

Frank's eyes were watering as he clutched onto Gerard and refused to let go. He could feel his chest moving up and down against his own, and for a moment he forgot about what he was going to tell Gerard, then he decided to just get it over with. "I'm addicted... to a couple different drugs," he admitted in a small voice. "That's why I was absent at school today. I passed out last night..." Frank looked up to see Gerard's reaction. His face was sincere and his mouth began to move.

"I'm glad you told me." he whispered, while hugging Frank tighter.

Frank had expected more of a response... He took a step back and wiped his eyes. He had never opened up to someone like that before. Frank was standing in the middle of a cemetery crying, hugging the guy who may or may not be considered his boyfriend, and saying things he never thought would escape his mouth. It felt as if he were an entirely different person. The Frank he had been for so long wouldn't have ever been in this situation, but he felt comfortable here with Gerard. Somehow everything was okay as long as Gerard was with him.

"It feels good to finally admit that to someone."smiled Frank. Gerard stepped toward him and ran his hand through Frank's dark hair while he intently stared into his eyes. The butterflies in Frank's stomach began to flutter around around. Their faces were just inches apart and Frank was about to close the gap in between, but then Gerard began to speak.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're an amazing person?" he asked. Frank didn't have to think twice about the question. Of course no one had said that to him before because the truth was, he wasn't amazing. He knew he was far from it. His parents had never appreciated him, but he understood why. He wasn't the best kid in the world so why would they? He shook his head in response to Gerard's question. Gerard smiled and placed his hand on the back of Frank's neck.

"Well you're the most amazing person that I've ever met. I just wanted you to know that," he stated as he slowly made the gap between their faces smaller and smaller. Frank eagerly leaned in and immediately tasted the smokey flavor of Gerard's lips. He felt intoxicated by their lips against one another's. Frank brought his arms up and cupped Gerard's face in his palms. Gerard moaned and then smiled in between kisses. Frank pulled back and smiled back as him.

Together, they took a seat on the steps of the mausoleum and talked for a while as the sun began to set. Frank told Gerard about his encounter with the cops, and explained that he needed to find a new place to sleep. It was strange... Frank was sad to have to leave the cemetery behind. It felt like the closest thing to home that he had. Gerard hesitated but then turned his head to face Frank.

"You can stay at my house... I'll have to somehow convince my mom to let you stay with us, but I think she'll let you." Frank smiled.

"Thank you, Gerard." Frank said as he nestled his head into the curve between Gerard's neck and shoulder. They stayed just like that for a few minutes must enjoying each other's presence until Gerard stood up.

"We should head to my house now, it's getting dark." Frank stood up and grasped Gerard's hand as they walked out of the cemetery gates right out onto Cemetery Drive. They followed the road, passing by a few little stores and coffee shops. A tall figure caught Frank's eye. It was Shawn. He was notorious in the school for beating up anyone that looked at him the wrong way. Frank was one of those people because he always stood his ground. It didn't matter how big or muscular someone was; Frank never backed down because he had a reputation to look after. He had to be known as the temperamental rebel that didn't give a fuck about anything.

But here he was, holding hands with a guy, about to walk right past Shawn. He made an immediate decision to let go of Gerard's hand. He stuck both hands in his pockets and tried to look as distant from Gerard as he could. Gerard noticed and shot Frank a weird look, but Frank wasn't looking at Gerard. His gaze was aimed at the ground until Shawn passed them.

Frank lifted his head up and reached for Gerard's had again, but Gerard hesitated. Frank didn't understand that Gerard wanted a relationship. It wasn't that Frank didn't want a relationship, it was just that he didn't want the whole school knowing about it. If the entire school was to find out about him being gay, he would be beaten to a pulp.

Gerard decided to overlook what Frank had just done. He understood why he would be afraid to let others know about them. It made perfect sence, but Gerard couldn't help but to be disappointed. He grabbed Frank's hand in his and gave him a weak smile.

They walked up to the doorway of Gerard's house and Frank realized that his hands were sweating. He was nervous. What if Gerard's mom didn't like him? What if she wouldn't let him stay? Gerard raised up his hand and knocked loudly on the door. Frank stood there petrified of what would happen next. He wasn't sure why, but it felt really important to him to make a good impression. The lock on the door was unlocked and the door was quickly pulled opened. The woman that stood in the door way eyed Frank up and down. "Oh shit," thought Frank, "She already hates me."

~~~~~~~

If you guys could give me some feedback that would be amazing ^-^ not sure if anyone likes the story so tell me if should keep writing it 

thanks for reading <3