Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Frank sighed in relief. Everything was going to be alright now. Gerard stood up and pulled Frank with him into the bathroom. Frank stared at himself in the mirror while Gerard dug around in the cabinet looking for something. What he saw in the mirror startled him. His jaw line was lined with purple and black bruises that seemed out of place in contrast to his soft light skin. There was a line a dried blood that had trickled out from the edge of his mouth, and he had a few random bruises that covered his chest. Frank had no idea where those even came from, but they were mostly likey from his little outburst back in Gerard's room...

Gerard pulled out a washcloth and ran it under the faucet. Frank leaned against the bathroom counter while Gerard patted his face with the cloth, trying to remove the blood. Gerard was focused on examining Frank jawline; his face just inches away. Frank felt uncomfortable as he brushed the blood away from a bruise. 

"Owww," he groaned. Gerard backed away a gave him an apologetic face. 

"Sorry.. those bruises look pretty bad...Did you get hurt anywhere else?" he asked. Frank nodded his head and lifted up his shirt to reveal his ribs. He hadn't bothered to actually look at the damage that was under his shirt earlier, but now he could see how bad it really was. It's appearance matched the amount of pain it had caused him. The left side of his torso, where Jared's kick had been aimed was swollen and puffy. All sorts of colors covered Frank's chest. A little red here, some green and purple bruising there, and even a little black. Gerard tried to hold back his gasp. 

"Frank...what the hell did Jared do to you!?" exclaimed Gerard with big eyes. 

"He kicked me when I was trying to get up..." Frank said while turning around to look in the mirror to get a closer look. "I didn't realize that it was that bad..."

"Do-do you think you broke a rib?" Gerard asked.

"Nah," Frank shook his head. "It doesn't hurt as much as it did before, and now I can actually breath..I'll be fine."

"You sure?" he questioned, giving him a serious look. Frank laughed and playfully pushed his shoulder. He was cute when he was trying to be all caring and what not.

"I'm fine" Frank smiled. Gerard seemed to relax at his smile, and the atmosphere around them turned back to the normal feeling. Frank loved the sight of Gerard's smile, and in that moment he felt happier than he had been in a long time. He finally had someone that cared about him. Someone that knew the real him. Someone that he loved. 

The word caught him off guard. Love? It was such a foreign thing to Frank. He had never imagined that he would love someone. A few weeks ago, that would've seemed out of the realm of possibility for him. He wasn't sure if this is what love felt like... but he wanted it to be love. Even if it was love that he was feeling towards Gerard, he didn't quite have to courage to tell him. No, that would wait. For now he had to thank Gerard for everything he had done. He'd forgiven Frank for being an asshole and refusing to hold his hand. He'd forgiven Frank for destroying his drawings...

Frank pulled Gerard closer to him as he leaned his body against the bathroom counter. He grinned and then pressed his lips to Gerard's. His lips were warm and even though the side of his mouth was sore from the punch to his face, he didn't hold back. Gerard pushed Frank up onto the counter so he sat a few inches taller now. Frank grabbed Gerard's face in his hands and wrapped his legs around him as they deepened their kiss. The two heard voices in the living room but paid little attention, they were too caught up in each other. That is, until they heard a gasp at the doorway of the bathroom...

Gerard tore his lips from Frank's and whipped his head around to see his mother standing there; a stunned look on her face. They both froze. Mrs. Way brought her hand up to cover her gaping mouth. 

"Wha-what's going on here?" she asked Gerard, staring at him in disbelief. He scooted away from Frank who hopped off the counter guiltily. Frank hadn't ever thought to ask if Gerard had come out to his parents or not... Well if they didn't know he was gay before, they sure knew now...

"Mom, I-... It's... I wanted to tell you, but... I didn't know what you would think..." stammered Gerard as he ran his hand through his jet black hair nervously. Frank stared at Gerard's mom waiting for her response. All of a sudden her posture relaxed and she let out a sigh while she took a step to Gerard. 

"You could've told me Gee, You're my son. I'll love you no matter what." she said pulling him into a hug. Frank was relieved. That could've been alot worse... He thought about what would've happened if his own mom had see Frank kissing a guy. Then he realized that he missed his mom, even though she wasn't the greatest... She was still his mom. He wished to feel her arms around him, but instead he felt Mrs. Way stretched out her arm to hug him. It was awkward for a moment then he hugged her back. It almost felt like he was back at his home with his mother. Almost. 

Mrs. Way let go of the two and shook her head. "You two should've told me! What made you think that I wouldn't understand?" Gerard was about to asnwer but she spoke again. "Nevermind that, I'm just glad that I know now... " she turned her head to Frank, "Are you two... dating or... what?"

Frank didn't know how to respond. Where they dating? He wasn't so sure... It felt like they were, but they had never really talked about it. He hesitated, but then Gerard's voice echoed through the bathroom with confidence. 

"Yeah, we are. Mom, Id like to 'formally' introduce you to my boyfriend Frank. I should've told you before, I know..." he smiled at Frank. Boyfriend, it was a weird word, especially for Frank, but he couldn't help but to grin at Gerard saying those words. He liked the idea of being Gerard's boyfriend. He liked it alot.

Mrs. Way cleared her throat. "Well, as long as both of you are happy... I'm okay with it... But, uh, I won't have any... making out in the bathroom...or anywhere else for that matter. Frank, if you're going to be staying with us, then we're going to have to set some rules for you two.." she explained. 

Gerard dramatically sighed. "Okay okay mom, we got it."

She smiled and shook her head. "I'm going to start making dinner, then we can all have a little.. family discussion regarding the new rules, alright?"

"Yes, okay." agreed Gerard. She walked out back into the living room, then Gerard turned to Frank. "Well that went.. well." he grinned. Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard and gave him a quick kiss.

"Now we won't have to hide it.." he said cheerfully. "And in a few days... when we go back to school on Monday, I won't be such a dick like I was earlier today... I don't care who knows that I'm gay now." stated Frank. Surely the entire school would, by now, have heard the word from Jared that Frank was gay. And maybe some people wouldn't believe him, because, well, he's Jared. But they'd know for sure when Frank would kiss Gerard in the hallway for everyone to see. He no longer cared if people were going to judge him. Now he just wanted to shove it in their faces. He felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off of his tired shoulders, and now he was free to be himself. All thanks to Gerard.

"Come on, Let's go eat and then we'll go do something fun. We've got all weekend!" beamed Gerard while he walked with Frank into the kitchen where dinner was just being set on the table. Everything was going great. Frank and Gerard were happy. They no longer had to hide their relationship from anyone. And best of all; they were together and nothing could separate them.

Right?....