Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Gerard made his way around the record store with his nose in each pile, carefully looking at every album cover. He glanced around expecting to see Frank returning from the bathroom by now. Where was he? It had been like ten minutes... Or maybe Gerard was just being impatient. He'll be back from the bathroom any minute. He continued to flip through the records until he got fed up. Gerard had always been painfully impatient ever since he was young.

He thought back to the time, back when he and Mikey were in elementary school. Mikey was taking a shower in the only bathroom, and of course it had to be at the same time Gerard drank a giant slushy. He'd never had to go to the bathroom so badly in his life. Gerard got so impatient that he kicked in the bathroom door and broke the lock. Seems a little violent, but Gerard was never a violent person, except for when he was impatient...

Right now, he was on the border line of flipping out. He tried to calm himself down, but it was Frank... Gerard couldn't help that he was protective of him... What if Jared beat up Frank again? What if that was happening right now, and for the second time, Gerard wouldn't be there to help Frank?

At this thought, he rushed out of the record store and into the food court that was placed in the center of the mall. He scanned the heads of everyone. Shit, where was Frank? The first place Gerard thought to look was in the bathrooms. He pushed on the heavy swinging door and looked over to the urinals. No Frank there... so then he walked up and down to aisle of stalls, but no one. No Frank anywhere...

Gerard started to panic. His palms were becoming sweaty, and he had a bad feeling in his gut. "Stay calm, he's around here somewhere, probably went back to the record store just after I left. Yeah... that's probably what happened..." he said to himself, trying his best to calm his nerves. But what if Frank had run into Jared..? All of a sudden his thoughts were interrupted by a pair of voices laughing. Jared's voice... Jared and one of his friends had just walked into the bathroom, and for some reason, Gerard was angry at them. Well, he did have a reason to... They had beaten up Frank earlier... Had they just done it again? 

Gerard angrily walked up to the sinks where the two other boys stood. Jared glanced over at Gerard and smirked. To Gerard, this meant much more than a smirk. It was like a slap in the face to him. Jared turned his head and was about to speak but Gerard beat him to it.

"What the fuck did you do to Frank?" he snarled. Jared looked at him confused and then turned to is friend and whispered something that Gerard couldn't hear. 

"Look faggot, chill out okay, no need to get your panties in a wad about a little fight at school." he replied glaring at Gerard. He ignored the childish name calling and retaliated. 

"I mean, what did you do with Frank here. Where is he?" his booming voice echoed through the bathroom. Gerard had never been like this before... He'd never felt so much hate towards a person before, but this certain person had hurt the one he loved, and Gerard was pretty sure it had just happened again. Why else wouldn't Frank have come back from the bathroom? Jared probably cornered Frank and knocked him senseless, then walked away as if nothing even happened. Now that Gerard was standing in front of his new found enemy, he didn't hold back. "What the fuck did you do to him?!"

Jared shot Gerard a concerned look. "...I didn't do anything to Frank... but I saw him walk off with some chick... yeah, they just left together man. I swear." Jared lied, but of course Gerard had no idea. He balled his fists up and held them at his sides.

"No, tell me what you did to him." he said through his gritted teeth. Gerard was coming off as angry, but the last thing that Jared just said had made his heart sink down in his chest. Was he telling the truth? Did Frank just ditch Gerard for a...girl? He didn't want to believe Jared, but in the back of his mind, he did believe him.