Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

"I-I don't know anything about F-Frank," stuttered Gerard. He could tell that the cop wasn't buying it. 

"Then why we're you just calling out his name?" he pressed. 

"I-uh, well, I saw him sleeping h-here the other day. I don't even know him, I just wanted to see why he was here..." Gerard lied looking nervously at the cop. He couldn't let them know that he was close to Frank. Then they might take him in for questioning or... well, Gerard wasn't so sure what would happen to him; he just wanted to get out of there. The cop seemed uneasy about believing Gerard, but he finally nodded his head. 

"Well, if you find him, you better give us a call." Gerard quickly nodded and put his hands back down from behind his head. "If you find him and don't tell us... We'll have to consider you just as guilty as him... Just a warning..." added the cop while shooting him a suspicious look. 

"Okay," choked Gerard. The cops turned around and walked in the opposite direction. Gerard stood there for a few minutes with his heart about to pound out of his chest. He shouldn't have gone to the cemetery... He should've payed more attention to when Frank was telling him about the cops coming to the cemetery. All Gerard wanted was to get out of there. Cops scared him, especially when they were looking for Frank. He mindlessly walked back to his house while keeping his eye out for Frank. He wanted to go looking for him more, but the cops had scared him shitless. Gerard was a horrible liar... He'd surprised himself back there in the cemetery when he had been able to make up that story, but he was sure if he ran into the cops again something would slip, and he would end up getting Frank caught... 

Gerard found himself missing Frank. How long had been since he had last seen him when he stormed off? Only a few hours, yet it felt like it had been an eternity away from Frank. Gerard arrived at his familiar doorstep and found that the door was already unlocked. He stepped inside and took in the scent of home. Mikey was standing in the kitchen and shook his head at Gerard as he walked in. 

"You've got a visitor...and he's pretty messed up...he's been making quite a lot of noise..." stated Mikey while pointing in the direction of his bedroom. Gerard's hopes lifted and he rushed into his bedroom expecting to see Frank. And he did see Frank, just not the Frank that Gerard knew. This Frank was different. Much different. 

Frank had been sitting in Gerard's room for a while. He snooped around but couldn't focus on anything for much longer than a few minutes because of the pill he had taken. Sometimes the high would go away for a little while, but then all of a sudden everything started twisting and turning around him. The floor would turn into a sea of waves, ready to swallow him whole. The floor started to separate and Frank was sinking down. He tensed his muscles and reached for anything to hold him up away from the nightmare that was unfolding in his mind. Frank was reaching for the glass lamp on Gerard's bed side table as it shattered into pieces. Frank stumbled backwards in confusion, then looked down at his knuckles that were bleeding. Had he done that? Did he just punch the lamp? Frank's mind was playing tricks on him and he knew it, yet there was nothing he could do. Once again the floor shook and Frank knew. He knew it wasn't real, but his body told him otherwise. He raced around the room trying to avoid the waves until everything stopped. There was a stillness in the air, Frank could hear Gerard's voice. For a second he thought maybe it was just the pills making him hear it, but then again he was in Gerard's room. Maybe Gerard just got home...

The high began to fade away once again and Frank realized what he had done when he was trying to avoid being swallowed by the waves only a minute ago. The pills may have worn off, but the destruction that Frank had caused was still there. 

Gerard's room was trashed. Drawings were ripped off of the walls. Books were thrown off the shelves. And on the ground laid the drawing of Frank's eyes that Gerard had drawn for him. It was ripped in half and one side was crumpled. Had Frank done all of this? He knew he had, but didn't remember a thing. 

The handle to the door twisted and revealed Gerard standing in the door way. His eyes darted around the room, and he gasped as he saw what Frank had done. Frank's head was throbbing, but he could finally think straight. He looked around the room a his destruction and turned to Gerard and wrapped his arms around him. 

"I-I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to.." he muttered into Gerard's chest, but Gerard didn't hug back or respond; he gently pushed Frank off of him and stared around the room in disbelief. Frank had no idea what to say. How were you supposed to apologize for wrecking someone's room and hurting their feelings all in one day? Gerard looked down to the floor where his drawing of Frank laid in pieces. He crouched down and grasped it into his hands. Frank tried to read the emotions on Gerard's face, but there were so many... He could see the anger. Obviously he would be angry at Frank, but he could just make out a little empathy. Was it empathy towards Frank? He sure hoped so... He would need a lot of empathy if Gerard would ever forgive him for all of this. Frank tried to muster up something to say, but his words fell short. 

"M-my drawings..." muttered Gerard. Frank crouched down beside him of the floor that had, just a few minutes ago, been trying to devour him whole. Now it was just the normal hardwood floors. He cursed at himself for being so stupid. Why did he take that stupid pill? Just so he could clear his mind for a little while, but now look. If everything wasn't already fucked up before, it sure was now. 

"Gerard... I'm sorry... I-I didn't know what I was doing..." he said with sorrow lining every word. Gerard frowned at him.

"What do you mean 'you didn't know what you were doing'?! No one just wrecks up someone's room like this Frank!" he yelled. Frank didn't want to tell him about the pills.. He knew that he'd be disappointed in him, but it was his only option if he wanted Gerard to believe him. His hand fished around in his pocket then pulled out the second purple pill. Gerard looked down at it and then pulled Frank tightly into his arms. Frank finally felt at peace again. Being in Gerard's embrace let him relax and take in his scent. 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry about what happened at school. I'm sorry for taking that stupid pill and ripping your drawings... I'm so s-sorry." he cried into Gerard's chest. He had never cried in front of anyone. Never. Frank couldn't afford to ever cry, but there in Gerard's arms, he didn't hold back any tears. 

"Why, Frank? Why'd you take the pill?" asked Gerard.

"I-I felt bad for what I did to you earlier back at school... I just... Well I wasn't thinking. When I'm not with you Gerard, I do stupid shit...I- I need you."

Gerard leaned back to look at Frank's face and wiped away his tears. "It's okay, I forgive you. I shoudn't have gotten so mad at you at school, and I should've been there to get you out of that fight. I'm the one that shoulod be sorry.." Frank shook his head but didn't know how to respond. He had expected Gerard to be pissed at him, but now, here he was appoligizing to Frank... This isn't at all what he had expected, but then again, he got back exactly what he wanted. Gerard. 

"Frank, promise me that you'll never do something like this again," he said taking the little purple pill out of Frank's hand. This kind of stuff won't help you. Promise me that you'll never touch drugs again." Frank was silent for a moment then looked up to Gerard's eyes. He could see that Gerard was holding back tears. He was the cause of those tears... Frank didn't want to hurt Gerard like this ever again.

"I promise," he said in a quiet voice. 

~~~~~~~~

feedback and votes are much appriciated, i'd love to hear what you think of the story so far  ^-^  and thank you to everyone that's reading this <3