Chapter 8 (Invitation)

Jake's POV

        After Max and Carolina left the room, they went to the elevator then I saw Gabriel running towards me with a coffee cup in her hand.

"Chocolate mint?" I asked then took it from her.

"Your favorite." Gabriel replied then both of us started to walk to my office. I opened the door and she ran in and took a seat at the other end of the room where a glass desk and a small office chair, some files and started working on them using her laptop.

           I was looking at Gabriel thinking that for a ten year old child she sure knows business and is excellent in it. I taught her a lot about it in my free time. Just in case your wondering why she isn't at school is because her school gave holiday and is reopening January ( it is now September). My train of thoughts was cut by the knocking on the door.

"Come in." I told the person at the door. The door slightly opened revealing a woman, it took me 2 seconds  to realize that it was Carolina.

Gabriel looked up and saw the shocked look on my face then looked at Carolina then went back to work.

"How can I help you?" I asked Carolina.

"Nothing much. I just wanted ask how are you and who's that little girl." Carolina asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well she is-" I started by was cut of by a knock on the door.

"Come in" I yelled, my secretary whom I had fallen in love with came in and gave me some information on some visitors just asked for a roommate and was about to leave but I called her back.

"Um.. my friend is coming in town tomorrow, he wants to meet me at Peter's diner for dinner tomorrow and want you to come with me" I asked giving her a just-play-along look

"Okay sir" May replied

"I'll pick you up at 5:30 pm" I said then dismissed her

       Carolina left shortly after after not getting the answers to her question. I am at home now watch Netflix with Gabriel while thinking about the dinner date tomorrow.

A/N: I've got 17 reads aww im soo excited about it but what would make my more excited is if you guys vote and comment what you think about it. Oh! I forgot please read my other book
: Death After Six O'clock
Thank you!!!