Chapter 1 Ferryport Landing

Looking through the window, reminiscing the past. I remember after the war, the whole town was destroyed. There's nothing left here so most of the Everafters left the town and seek new beginning, a few stayed behind. It was their home after all.

We were supposed to leave Ferryport Landing but the day we were supposed to leave I couldn't bear to leave the town, I hated this town at first and I would give anything to leave it to have a normal life but that was before. This town is my home too, Daphne felt bad leaving the town too so we both try to convinced Dad that we should not leave. Mom joined in convincing then Granny Relda joined, in the end everyone was trying convince Dad and we all succeeded. Another reason that I want to stay here is because of him, I don't want to leave him behind but he left me behind. He left me here.

It took half a year to rebuild everything in Ferryport Landing. Another half a year to reestablish businesses and life in the town. Technology is now widespread in Ferryport Landing, the town is now updated with the latest phones, computers, laptops, and other electronics. In total it took a year for Ferryport Landing to function as a town.

It also took a year to repopulate the whole town, sadly the whole town is full of humans. Since there are few Everafters, the mayor is human even the sheriff is human. Everything is run by humans, everywhere you look there's always humans. Once upon a time I would enjoy this town if that was the case but Ferryport Landing is losing its essence. It should be home to Everafters, a place they could always go back, a home to return to. A place they could be freely be themselves without fear humans will know that they're not normal. How could this town be that place? There's no home Everafters can go back to.

I guess most of the Everafters felt the same way, a lot of Everafters went back to Ferryport Landing. It almost took a year to shift the control to Everafters, they didn't terrorized the humans to leave the town. They bought their businesses and homes, the Everafters were patient enough to wait until the humans were willing to sell their businesses and land.

The Coven (Baba Yaga, Bunny, and Daphne) decided to cast another barrier spell, not the one that traps Everafters. They cast a barrier spell around the town so that only the Everafters be able to see Ferryport Landing, but there is an exception. Humans who believe in magic will be able to see the town too. After the news got out there are new Everafters seeking a new life in Ferryport Landing.

Remember that the technology is widespread here? the funny thing is most of the Everafters rarely uses technology, they prefer the old style. The ones who are fond of technology are the teenage Everafters.

That was a year ago, it has been four years since the war with the Scarlet Hand.

This house has a lot of rooms in it. A room for me, for Daphne, for Basil, for our parents, for Uncle Jake, for Granny Relda, For Mr. Canis, for Red, for Puck, for Knox, and a couple of extra rooms for when Granny Relda decides to welcome new people into our family. Knox is the new magic mirror, even a magic mirror have its own room here.

I'm pretty sure Daphne has something to do with the placing of the rooms in this house because my room and Puck's room are facing each other. There was this one time, wait let me say that again, there are a lot of times when both Puck and I opened our door at the same time and we both shut it close. After everyone knew about our feelings for one another everything became awkward especially when Daphne keeps on saying "you should be together, everybody knows you love each other". The thing is we don't know how to show affection for each other, we only know how to insult each other. Dad is the only one who is not supportive of the idea of "us".

Ever since then, our interaction is filled with disgust and insult. But there are times when we don't argue and just be friendly with each other. Those are rare moments.

I open the door and just like each day I'm greeted with Puck's door. A reminder that he left me. I should not miss him because why would I miss someone who doesn't miss me. I should be happy because I don't have to be cautious and make sure there's no trap in my room, traps outside my door, or anywhere in the house to get me. I know he left years ago when Uncle Jake invited him to join him in his travel around the world to find magical trinkets and I should just let it go but he promised to visit us. He promised and he broke it. Every time Uncle Jake visits, Puck is not with him. Uncle Jake will be visiting today and I guess Puck will not be with him again.

I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Why are you scowling?" Daphne asks me while she's twirling a magic wand in her hand. Just like Uncle Jake, Daphne is now collecting magical trinkets. She's always wearing a jacket and belt to secure her magical trinkets. Every time Uncle Jake visits he brought Daphne some magical trinkets for her collection. I stay away from magic because of my magic intolerance.

"Nothing, I'm just hungry" I grab some pink pancakes and pour blue syrup. The first time I saw Granny Relda's food I find it weird and disgusting but now I'm used to eating it.

"Is this about Puck again?" Daphne asks

I glare at her "what do you mean 'about Puck again'?"

"Oh liebling if you miss Puck all you have to do is ask him to come home" Granny Relda says to me

I throw my hands up "why would I do that? I guess he doesn't miss us at all because if he does he would visit us like he promised"

Daphne giggles "it's not Puck that is bothering you, it's his promise"

"You know your words are the only thing that matter to him" Mom pipes in

I let out a sigh "Mooom, not you too"

Red cleared her throat "you know how Puck is, he's sensitive. He's probably waiting for you to ask him to come home already"

"Oooh like husband and wife" Daphne start to giggle and Red joins her.

"Stop encouraging Sabrina" Dad says

At this point most of them are stifling a laugh because of Daphne's and Red's giggles, I can't help but smile too. Then the doorbell rings.

"It's Uncle Jake" Daphne says excitedly

Granny Relda stood up and went to the door to open it. With Elvis trailing behind her.

When Granny opened the door she's greeted by Uncle Jake's chuckle and another voice that I haven't heard in years.

"Hello Old Lady" it's the same voice but a bit matured.