Chapter 3 Prank Gone Wrong

Dinner time is awkward, nobody is talking. Everyone is trying to eat quietly, like they're scared to spook something. Even Puck, who is by the way sitting beside me because Daphne made sure of it, is eating quietly and slowly too. He is eating in very un-Puck way, which is weird because I am used to him eating with big bites and a bit noisy just like Daphne.

Daphne is giving me the aren't-you-going-to-talk-to-him look. I glare back at her and I focus on our dinner instead. It's a spaghetti of some sorts, pink noodles with blue sauce and yellow meatballs which doesn't help because it reminds me of Madison's clothes.

"Why is everyone quiet?" Daphne finally speaks, pointing at Puck "Puck, since when did you start eating that way? That is very un-puck of you" Daphne turns to face Uncle Jake "Uncle Jake, you always tell your stories of adventure and don't tell us you run out of stories because you never do. And Sabrina" she looks at me uh-oh "I thought you badly wanted to talk-" before she could finish, I kick her foot under the table "ow!"

Uncle Jake laughs, conversations starts, Red giggling at Daphne's face, Puck eating in his usual way but less messy. Uncle Jake starts telling stories about their adventure, Puck pipes in every now and then to make the story more detailed. Suddenly everyone is talking and laughing, I just stay quiet and listen to them. It's like having a deja vu, it feels like I was 12 years old again. This is what home should feel like, all of us complete, no one is missing.

After dinner, we gather in the living room. It's the first time in years we are complete, Puck is still part of the family. We play charades, as usual Puck cheats, Puck complains when he loses. It's funny to watch him. Daphne usually figures what is the word. By the time we're playing pictionary Granny Relda, Mr. Canis, and Dad are tired and they went to sleep. Later on we are playing board games, there's only me, Daphne, Red, Puck, and Uncle Jake.

"I'm going to bed" I yawn "I'm a bit tired and it's getting late"

"Can't you stay for a bit longer? It's friday, no classes tomorrow" Daphne asks me, then she whispers to me "when are you going to talk to Puck? You can't just ignore him forever"

"Yeah, well watch me do that" I reply back. Daphne just snorts.

I'm not going to ignore Puck forever, I'm going to talk to him when he talks to me. I pull my blanket closer to me and hug my pillow tighter. Then I hear my door opening. Aaarrgghh whatever Daphne will tell me I will not change my mind about talking to Puck.

"Sabrina?" my heart suddenly stops beating, it's Puck "Sabrina? . . . Sabrina?" I hear my door closing then silence. Good, he left I'm starting to think that he'll stay until I move. Why am I disappointed? I let out a sigh.

Oooof something heavy drops on top of me, not something but someone. "What do you want Puck?"

"I know you're awake Stinkybrain, I can hear you breathing faster" Puck grins at me

"What do you want?" I try to push him off but he won't budge

He touches my nose "Why are you mad at me?" I roll my eyes, what a stupid question "did I do something?"

I push him off the bed "that's the problem, something that you didn't do"

"I am . . . sigh I'm sorry . . . sorry for not visiting . . ."

"And??" I ask him

"Geez, Grimm. You really want me to say it. I'm sorry I broke my promise. There I said it, happy?"

Why would I be happy? He didn't even say the reason "why? Why did you break it?"

"If I visit, I will never be able to leave again. Do you know how hard it is to leave the first time?" he inhales sharply "because I . . . I uhm uh . . . don't make me say it, you already know why it's hard to leave that's why I'm staying"