Chapter 5 Memories

I feel like I'm floating, floating in a sea of golden light. I try to look around but all I can see is the golden light. Then a first face appears and then another one, suddenly I feel like falling as the faces increases.

"Aaarrgghh!!!!!" I scream as I fall fast against the face but instead of an impact I see the sky filled with stars.

Then I look down and straighten mg coat . . . coat? Why am I wearing a coat? I turn around and I see a bar. A kid bumps into me, offering a newspaper, I grab it and look at it.

"Why would anyone want a newspaper? They bring news that nobody wants to see, sad truths about the world" I say to the kid, why did I say that? Why is my voice manly? Why is the kid so small?

No, wait, this isn't my body. I enter the bar and caught a glimpse of my face. Gasp I'm not me, I'm a young man maybe 23 to 25 years old. Am I in another person's body or is this just a memory? Maybe this is a memory because the date in the newspaper is September 13, 1920.

This person orders a drink but then he sees a short curly haired young lady wearing a silver dress and silver shoes. He walks towards her.

"I'm John Williams, I'm new here but I'm glad to see a familiar face."

The young lady looks at him "Welcome to New Orleans then, you don't seem familiar to me." She didn't even smile at him.

"I saw you . . . sounds weird but I saw you before but not in this century. You were a maid in 'Madam Priscilla's' house"

The young lady suddenly turns pale "excuse me??" She smiles nervously.

"I'm sorry, but I think you know what this is" John pulls out something from his coat and shows it to her. It's the Golden Stone, I'm sure that's the stone but it's not glowing anymore.

She takes the stone from his hand "Ah it's the golden stone" she smile more confidently this time "why don't we grab a sit and I'll tell you all about it"

When they're sitting comfortably the young lady speaks "I am here to accompany and help people like you who have found the Golden Stone. How many memories did you see?"

"I saw only one memory" he drinks his beer "tell me about this stone"

"You see this stone holds power . . ." suddenly the whole memory was gone and I'm back in the sea of faces. I am falling again and then it stops.

I'm in a new memory again, this time I'm a woman. I'm wearing a dress, I mean she's wearing a dress. A heavy plum colored dress, probably because of the bulky skirt and something heavy in the back. What was it called? Daphne mentioned it before because the princesses used to wear it . . . I remember, a crinoline or a petticoat.

It's snowing, she is rushing towards a car, a very old looking car. The door opens and a woman steps out of the car. It's the same lady from the other memory, she's a wearing a similar dress but a blue one.

"Hurry up, Elizabeth. We don't want to miss our lunch with Mr. Watson" then she goes back inside the car.

"Are you sure it's today?" Elizabeth asks

The young lady peeks out through the window "of course it's today. Today is December 20, December 20, 1860 12:19 pm to be exact"

"I thought it's 19 today, we still have 11 minutes" Elizabeth goes inside the car too "Sorry Marguerite, I was just finishing something" she takes out her leather gloves from her bag and wears it "start the car" she tells the driver.

Marguerite looks out the window "the street is full of people, everyone is busy" she turns to Elizabeth "what is it that kept you busy?"

Elizabeth pulls out a choker from her bag and gives it to Marguerite "this one, I saw it in the memory and I decided to make one too" the Golden Stone is in the middle of the choker "Priscilla made it into a choker and I'm giving it to you" Elizabeth looks out the window "you're right, so many people it's because Christmas is near"