Chapter 25

Taehyung's POV

"Hello?" I knock on the staff room.

A middle aged lady opened the door, my makeup stylist. "Ah! Taehyung, do you need something?"

"Is hyung inside?" I ask.

"Oh, your manager?"

"Yes, noona," I nod. She opens the door wider and escorted me inside. She led the way to our manager's table, he was there, working.

"Taehyung's here, he wants to talk with you I guess," She said. She glances at me and pats my back before she leaves.

I saw him look at me, "What do you need?" He asked. "Have a seat."

I sat down and took a deep breath. "Where is Jungkook, hyung?"

His eyes widened and looked at me suspiciously, "Why do you ask?"

"Because I haven't seen him in a while," I said. I shot a glare at him. "Do you have any idea where he is?"

"No," He told me. "I don't know where he is, Taehyung. Now please, go and rest. I have to do a lot of work."

I stood up and slammed my hands on his table, "Stop lying to me, I saw you with him yesterday. What are you doing to him?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Taehyung," He shook his head. "Don't do that, have some respect on your hyung please."

"Just tell me where he is!" I shout.

"Can you assist Taehyung outside?" He told to the other staff that was beside his table. "Please don't interrupt me when I'm working."

The staff grabbed me by my arm and led me outside. He said sorry to me and went back inside.

I closed my eyes and held my head. I can't fail y/n again. I need to find Jungkook for her. I don't want her to be sad. I need to try harder.

As I was walking down the hallway, I saw Hoseok hyung. I decided to ask him where Jungkook is. Hoping that he knows.

"Hyung? Have you seen Jungkook?"

"No, I haven't. I'm actually wondering where he is," He said. "But I need to go now, I need to go to the studio, I'm sorry. I'll tell you when I find him."

I nodded and thanked him before heading to my room.

I sat down my bed and stared at the floor. Something's telling me to stop doing this and make y/n fall in love with me. But the other half is telling me to do the right thing for y/n.

"Kim Taehyung, remember what your parents told you," I mumbled. "You were raised by good people, don't do the wrong thing."

4:00 pm

Taeger: hey y/n :)

Taeger: i haven't found jungkook yet, im sorry

Taeger: but i'll find him for you, don't worry!

It hurts. Doing all of this hurts me badly. I didn't know that I'll fall in love with a fangirl. I thought this would be interesting. I thought it would be fun, but I was so wrong. The next thing I know, I've already fallen in love with her. That I want to see her text every single time I wake up.

If only I didn't do it. If only I was a bit smarter. If only I thought about it. If only I stopped right from the start. This all wouldn't happen. Jungkook and I wouldn't be suffering.

I want to help the both of them have their happy ending. Because I'm Jungkook's friend, I'm y/n's friend. But what do I do? I love her. My feelings are blocking the way. I need to control myself.

That was when I started crying.

"Y/n.. I love you," I silently sobbed. "But you don't love me.. You love Jungkook, only him. I understand you, I deserve all of this. I'm the one causing this pain for myself."

I want to be with her. I want to see her. I want to hug her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to be the reason behind her smiles. I want to make her happy everyday. I want to be beside her every time she wakes up in the morning.

But I can't. That's wrong. That's not right. A friend wouldn't do that. She sees me as her friend, not her lover. So I should act like a friend.

"Maybe I shouldn't have stood in your way. Maybe I shouldn't have messaged you. I should've stayed quiet. I should've let you and him together," I wiped my tears away.

I couldn't stop crying. Every night, I think about her. I think about the past. If I was the one who messaged her first, would she love me? I guess she would. But I'm too late for that, she already fell for my friend.

"It hurts when she loves your friend more than you. But it hurts more when you're the reason why they're together."