Chapter 38

-

Day 4

-

4:00 am.

A soft, low, and quiet sound made you wake up at this time of the day. Yes, it was the fourth day being with Taehyung, fourth day making him more hurt than ever. You slowly brought your hands on your face to rub your eyes, then you move around, checking at Taehyung.

He was awake, and he's writing something.

The sound that you heard was Taehyung, fiddling and tapping his pen on the notebook, writing something that you have absolutely no idea about. He then looks up at the ceiling and thinks for a moment, then continues to write on the paper, his hands moving freely and continuously.

You decided to act like you're sleeping, maybe it's because you're too curious about what he's doing. You shift on your right, getting a better view of him, sitting on his bed, his head on the headboard, his legs crossed fabulously as he kept on humming quietly.

Maybe you moved a bit too quickly and harshly.

A gasp came out from Taehyung's mouth as soon as your body faced his direction, he became nervous, he thought that you're awake, he flinched and his heart almost jumped out of his chest. "Y/n?" He asks in a low tone, you tried to act cool and continue pretending that you're sleeping. After a few seconds of you not answering him, nor replying, he sighs. "I thought you're awake."

Your plan worked. He didn't notice you being awake, at all. You victoriously smiled mentally, knowing that Taehyung, an actor, didn't know that you're just pretending. A thought of being an actress flashed across your mind, but then again, it was a silly thought.

The sound of his bed creaking and sheets being pulled up got you intrigued, so you open one of your eyes, very slowly, trying to see what he's about to do now.

As soon as you can clearly see the scene now, you saw Taehyung's figure approaching your bed. You quickly shut your eyes back, not wanting to be caught by him. He then crouches down, in front of your face, his warm breath tickling your forehead.

"You're probably dreaming about Jungkook right now."

His deep voice was music to your ears, but at the same time, you felt his sadness through the tone of his voice. And it made you guilty, once more. The feeling of him, being happy and acting happy around you made your heart break down into pieces. And knowing that he says these kind of things while you're sleeping made things worse.

He sighed, "Why do you keep telling yourself that you're not pretty? I don't get it at all," He sniffed, feeling the coldness of the room. Then he speaks once more, "If only you could see what my eyes are seeing right now. If only you could feel what I'm feeling whenever I look at you, whenever you talk to me, whenever you say my name, and whenever you smile. It makes me go crazy, but you know what? I should get an award for fighting the urge to kiss you when I see your face," He chuckles.

You gulped down hearing his words, the atmosphere was so heartbreaking but yet it feels so right. The presence of Taehyung being beside you gave you comfort, security, and all other things. Except for one thing though.

The feeling of loving him back never came across your mind.

"I'm a coward. Such a coward," He mumbled, bringing his cold fingertips to your cheeks, touching and caressing it carefully. "If only I could go back right from the start. If only I didn't do a foolish move. Would you fall inlove with me then?" He adjusts and strokes your hair slowly, the way he does these things makes you shiver, it sends tingles down your spine. "I should stop holding your cheeks, I should stop stroking your hair, I should stop looking at your face while sleeping. Jungkook wouldn't like this, he wouldn't like this at all."