Chapter 26

Jungkook's POV

It has been a while since I ate food with the other members. They kept asking me things that made me smile. I never knew they really cared for me this much.

"So, Jungkook. What did they do to you?" Namjoon asked, slicing a piece of steak.

"Nothing hyung, I'm just really busy," I showed a fake smile at him. However, Jin hyung didn't buy it. He's the only one who knows that I'm being mistreated.

"I need to tell you something, Jungkook," Taehyung called out to me. My head tilted in the side when I heard him say that.

"Something?" I ask innocently. I have no idea what he's going to say though. I've never seen him this serious in my whole life.

"I've been talking to y--" And just like that, the devil started to appear. Making Taehyung stop his voice.

The devil looked at us, "I was just gone for a while, Jungkook," He smiled and went beside me to take a seat. "What were you guys talking about?"

We were all quiet when he spoke. Can we just have a good time without him here? Doesn't he know that he's ruining the moment?

Hoseok looked underneath the table, "Oh!" He extended his arms and grabbed something below. "It's money!"

Yoongi touched his pockets and looked at Hoseok. "Hey! That's mine, give it back!" He shouted, attempting to grab his money back.

Hoseok stood up and stuck a tongue out, teasing Yoongi. He put the money inside his pockets and Yoongi couldn't do anything but sigh in irritation.

"Finders, keepers."

I stopped eating as soon as Hoseok said that. It somehow meant a lot to me. That simple phrase had me in deep thoughts.

I glance over at Taehyung, who was quietly having his food.

Looking at him reminds me of only one thing. Y/n. He's the reason why I chatted with her, why I felt happy whenever I talk to her. The reason why I'm here in this situation right now.

I'm not really mad at him. It was my choice to talk to y/n longer after all. He didn't say a word about it. He just stayed silent, watching the both of us from a distance.

I know that he's happy for me. That I finally had the motivation to keep on working. But is he mad? Or is he guilty because he was the one who let me message her?

Finders, keepers.

So that means, Taehyung and y/n should be together. He found her after all. I was just forced to message her. I didn't like her from the start.

What if I'm the antagonist here? What if I stole y/n from him? What if I'm the evil person?

"Sorry, here you go. It's yours after all."

Hoseok said and gave Yoongi his money back.

Should I? Should I let Taehyung be with her? But wait, does Taehyung even love her? He told me he had a crush on y/n ever since he started reading comments on twitter. He also said that he sees y/n everywhere. That's why he got interested in her.

I look at Taehyung again.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. You're the one who found the treasure but I stole it away from you."