Chapter 8

I would like to first state something so I don't get comments later. This story is not based on the actual series. I will kill off whoever I want, however I want, and the plot will go in my direction. Just be aware of that.

-------------------------------------------

You were unsure of how to feel at the moment. Lunch meant you'd be with all of the cadets, which also meant they'd be conversating with you. Well, trying at least.

You had finished taking a shower and your hair was still wet. You ran a towel over it so it wasn't dripping but it was damp. Your clothes stuck to your body, nice and snug. The white button up was fitted to your slender body nicely and the white pants shaped your rear end in all the correct places. Your boots came up to your knees where they were enveloping part of your harnesses and belts that ran over your legs. The upper part of your harness rested nicely above your chest and it was supported along your back. Your jacket covered a small part of your harness, though it was like a cut off so it didn't reach the bottom of your back.

You entered the cafeteria where you were greeted by your fellow comrades. You just nodded in their direction, not wanting to speak of course. When you picked up your tray, you turned, looking at the tables around you...

'So these are my options. The flirtatious boys including Reiner, Jean, Connie, and Bertholt. The Eren table, including Eren himself, Armin, and Mikasa. Then there is the table of girls, including Sasha, Annie, Christa, and Ymir... Oh boy.' You thought to yourself. Though your thought was interrupted by a hand waving out the corner of your eye.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Over here!" Hanji shouted. Hanji? Why would a Commander want me to sit with her? Don't tell me she's taken an interest in me like her fascination with Titan boy...

You shuffled in her direction, taking a seat next to her. You fell silent as the others stared at you. There was Erwin, Mike, Levi, and his old squad including Auruo, Petra, Eld, and Gunther... The old squad had their eyes burning on you and it was quite uncomfortable.

Their brows were furrowed and none of them would budge, especially Petra... Auruo let out a 'Tch' like Levi and looked to his former captain . "This is the brat that replaced your entire squad? Huh?"

'Why does he act like Levi?... It's weird.'

Levi didn't look up, he just swirled his spoon around in his soup. "Yes."

"What's so great about her?" Aururo asked.

"Well for one, she doesn't talk as much as you." He stated. "Also, she is very, very skilled. More than you could imagine."

"Oh yeah? How so?"

"I've personally done hand to hand combat with her and she managed to get me on the ground. Can you do that? I think not. So quit complaining and get over the fact that she is my new partner."

"Partner?" Petra questioned.

"Professionally." Levi glared.

Auruo turned and looked at you considering he was the one on the other side of you. "And you don't talk huh? I can change that. Just you wait and see!" He grabbed you by the collar of your shirt, pulling you up a bit.

Levi dropped his spoon and grimaced at Auruo. "Put her down this instant! That is an order!" He shouted, causing everyone in the room to look in your direction.

Auruo didn't budge, "No, I'll teach this brat a lesson. She needs to learn that she isn't that tough."

"Auruo..." Erwin said calmly. "I really wouldn't do that. You'll get yourself-" Before he could finish, you swung your fist towards Auruo's jaw, the impact causing him to fall over while you rubbed your knuckles.

He whimpered in a ball on the floor, caressing his jaw. "Stupid brat..."

Everyone in the room stared at you in awe while you remained calm and turned towards Erwin, Levi, and Mike. Erwin just shook his head while Levi had a small smile on his face... Following his smile was a small chuckle. Everyone's eyes widened, including his comrades. Soon enough he was busting out laughing, holding his stomach. It was a deep laugh, one you would expect to come out of his body. Hanji seemed more frightened than surprised though. "I... I have never heard him laugh..." Levi paused and cleared his throat.

"Pardon me, I apologize for the outburst..." He calmly said as he regained his composure. He lifted his spoon and took a bite of the various meats and vegetables floating around the soup.

Petra got down on the floor, helping her comrade Auruo when she looked at you with her brows furrowed. "That was completely uncalled for, (Y/n)."

"Was it?" You questioned, noting in your voice that you really didn't care.

"Yes. It was. You should apologize to him." She insisted.

"Yeah, right. Look Carrot Top, he started it so until I hear an apology from him, you aren't getting anything from me."

The ginger-haired girl froze in anger and stood. "Carrot top?! Why you little... You are a brat! For once I agree with Auruo."

"Good for you. Now can I eat my lunch in peace? Thanks." You lifted your spoon from the soup and stuck the dipped part in your mouth, taking in all the flavor. "Mmm." You hummed.

The boys across from you only smiled to themselves. They liked the sass you gave off. It wasn't annoying nor was it obnoxious. It fit you.

"Leviiii," Petra whined. "Aren't you going to say anything? She's is being completely disrespectful to me and Auruo."

"Leave the cadet alone, Petra. She had a right to be so defensive. If Auruo would have listened to me and put her down then he wouldn't be in this situation now, would he? Speaking of which. Auruo, because you didn't listen to my order, you have stable duty all week. Have fun picking up horse shit." Levi spoke, raising himself from the table. "Now, (Y/n). When you are finished, come by my office and we will go over the next mission."

You nodded, taking another sip from your soup. Hanji rose her hand to you and you slapped it in return. "Nice one (Y/n)."

"Thank you." you simply said.