Chapter 16

TRIGGER WARNING in this chapter! Just letting you know!

---------------------------

The moonlight had shown through the window of Erwin's room.  You didn't leave his bed all day.

Thoughts. Thoughts on what it would be like if you just weren't here anymore...

~

~Ealier that day~

Your eyes fluttered open to the sight of Erwin beside you, a light snore escaping his mouth every so often. He was... Charming. This was nothing new but it took you by surprise that even a man like him could be charming in his sleep.

You didn't have the motivation to leave his bed. You hardly had the motivation to move at all. More and more thoughts ran through your head. Thoughts you couldn't handle.

How long was this going to last? What had gotten into you?

Oh well. It didn't matter. You didn't have the motivation and it wasn't coming anytime soon. Before you knew it, you had drifted back to sleep.

~

~Present time~

You sat up in bed, resting your bare feet against the cold wood-flooring. You were no longer in your belts and harnesses, nor your boots, socks, or even your jacket. Just your white pants and white button-up. All white... Such a plain color...

You forced your body to stand, though it was hard. You crept through the moonlit room, opening the door to Erwin's office.

Nothing.

No one.

It was barren.

No candles were lit, nor was there any sign of activity in the area. Silently, you pushed yourself through the office and into the halls.

Where was everyone? What time was it? You continued walking, thoughts rolling through your mind endlessly... Some worse than others.

You didn't know exactly what it was but the pain you had endured from the blade going through you just... You didn't know. You used to be so quiet but was there ever a real reason? What were you hiding? Did you even know?

You made your way outside and walked to the nearest lake. You stopped in front of it and began unbuttoning your shirt, followed by you removing your pants.

A student had been watching you through her window. She was unsure of what you were doing so she went and reported you to Commander Erwin, who, of course, got Levi. The both of them ran to see what you were doing but they froze when they saw your bare skin and undergarments. You slowly stepped into the water, until you were at a none-touching point and you had to hold yourself up. You leaned back, letting yourself float as you looked up at the moon. The moon that had shown on the ripply lake water and your soft skin.

Erwin and Levi sat on a near bench, watching to make sure you didn't make any bad decisions. Erwin placed his large hand on Levi's shoulder, "I'm going to go lay down. Do what you please. Just please, take care of her."

With that, Levi nodded and Erwin went to his room. Levi stood and walked towards the lake, stopping just before he reached the water. He pondered in thought for a moment before removing his belts and harnesses, following the removal of his shirt and pants. Just left in his briefs, he made his way into the water, swimming to your lonesome body. You were still floating on your back, leaving Levi to lift your head lightly. You repositioned your body, vertically, so you were face to face with him. He placed his hands on our cheeks, pulling you into a soft kiss. When your lips parted, you leaned your forehead against his, leaving a smile of satisfaction on Levi's face. You both swam to the shore and dressed. Levi escorted you to the showers where you both took turns. You were close but not quite to the point where you'd share a shower, you know what I mean?

Levi waited for you to finish so he could escort you to his room where you'd be staying. Erwin had made it clear to Levi that he didn't want you alone for quite awhile. Not until you were yourself again... But Levi grew worried. You had been in the shower for a while now and you usually didn't take this long. He opened the door to the showers and steam escaped the crease between rooms. All the mirrors were fogged and it was just... Hot. "God, (Y/n), is it hot enough for-" Levi froze. You sat still on the floor as the water rained down on your small form, though it wasn't normal. Your back was to Levi, so you were facing the wall. Light... Light red water beaded down your arms and Levi wasn't sure how to react. He ran to you, though he winced in pain the moment the scolding water touched his body. He shut off the water then grabbed you, turning your body towards him. Thin red lines welled up on your forearm and Levi's eyes widened. "(Y/n), what the hell did you do?!" He shouted. Tears streamed down your face as you kept quiet, unable to say anything. "Say something! I demand you say something to me!" There was nothing. You were at a loss for words. "Erwin!" Levi pleaded, "Erwin, please! Hurry!" His voice grew hoarse as he yelled as loud as he could, as he tried to seek help. He threw a towel over you and cradled your body as Erwin, Mike, and Hanji all ran into the room.

"What the hell is going on?" Erwin demanded but froze. "W-What... Happened?! Levi, I thought I told you to watch her, what did she do?!"

"I-I don't know!" Levi hiccupped as tears welled up in his eyes. "Please, I don't know what to do."  But no one responded. They were all in shock at the sight of crimson blood trailing down your arms. "PLEASE!" Levi shouted, gaining everyone's attention. It was late but the nurse and doctor had to have been in the infirmary so Erwin picked you up, running to the needed room.

The doctor and nurse jumped in fear as Erwin busted through the door. Erwin rushed to a bed and softly put you down, turning to the doctor who was prepping for whatever he needs to do to stop the bleeding. This was going to be a long night for everyone.

~

Levi never left your side and he looked to the doctor, who was speaking to Erwin and Mike. Hanji stood beside Levi as he watched you intently.

"Levi," Erwin spoke. "The doctor said she will be fine. The cuts weren't deep. Not even enough for stitches... But she's mentally unstable right now. He believes it was from past trauma she'd gone through..."

"Tch, past trauma? Don't you think we would have known?" Levi asked, a hint of worry escaping him.

"Levi..." Hanji pats his back. "She was quiet when she first got here. She only recently started getting used to us. There is an entire side of her we don't know about."

Levi scoffed, "So you're telling me that this entire time she's been here she's had PTSD? We don't usually allow people with mental issues so why is she here now?"

"Levi!" Erwin scolded. "Don't talk about her like that. She's sick. She needs our help! Don't you care?"

"I don't know how I feel. For all I know, this brat could have been playing with my feelings this entire time. Christ!" He yelled as he left the infirmary.

"Levi!" Erwin called, but Hanji pulled him back.

"Erwin, leave Levi be... You know how he is. He's just scared and frustrated right now. You know he didn't mean any of it. All we can do is help (Y/n) right now..."

"You're right..." Erwin said, leaving Hanji and Mike with you.

Hanji sighed, "This is going to be a long and difficult issue, won't it Mikey?"

"Mmm..." Mike said, rubbing his mustache in the process.

Maybe you weren't the strong soldier everyone thought you were? Whatever it was... you just weren't okay and everyone was beginning to notice it. Can you pull through?

--------------------------------

PLEASE READ. The Next chapter will be the last chapter of the story... But guess what?! There will be a sequel, which I plan to add much more backstory for Reader and I'm just excited for it. I may also write an Erwin x Reader story! What did you think of the chapter, what did you think of what I just said and everything? Leave a comment!