Chapter 9

Levi had sprawled out many pieces of papers, all of which containing different parts of your next mission. His fingers lightly traced over them as his eyes scanned the perimeter of one of the sheets. You leaned on one leg, crossing your arms as you also examined the papers. "This is the formation we will take?" You asked, pointing to a paper with what appeared to be a diagram.

"Yes."

"Then I'll assume the bigger one is you..." You motioned towards a figure in the formation, then towards a smaller one. "And that's me..."

"Mhm."

"I think the proportions are off. You should be closer to my size." You added, receiving a glare from Levi.

"What are you trying to say, cadet?"

"I'm saying you're a dwarf."

His brows continued to furrow and he gritted his teeth. "I'm tired of your shit."

You shrugged, leaning yourself on his desk. "I. Don't. Care."

"Hm... You know what?" Levi Paused in thought before smirking mischievously. "I think you talk much more around me than you do in general. Is it because you feel closer to me than others?"

His sudden outburst caught you off guard. 'That was random of him, but damn it, (Y/n)... You've let yourself get too comfortable. Stop talking!'

"Mhm... It's not difficult to take notice too..." He circled his desk, making his way behind you. He leaned over your shoulder and into your ear, he whispered, "At least not to me. So tell me, (Y/n)," His breath tingling against your neck, "Why do I have this ability over you?"

You were caught in the middle of wanting to either yell at him or stay silent... But if you stayed silent then what would you accomplish? You looked down, seeing his foot behind you and your mouth lipped up into a smirk. Your foot lifted from the ground, stomping on his in return.

"Gah! Why you little-"

"Brat? Huh, Levi? Is that what you were gonna say? Brat?" You turn shoving your finger in his chest, pushing him back a bit. "You're so predictable."

"Am I?" His hand grabbed your waist, pulling you closer to him. Your chest was against his as you gazed up at his steel eyes, your lips merely an inch apart. His expression softened. "Am I?" He whispered, repeating himself.

Your cheeks flushed as you were so close to each other, heat radiating off of both of your bodies. "Sir..."

"Mm?" He placed his fingers on your chin, compelling you to look up at him.

You looked over his features; his cute nose, his cold yet comforting eyes, his determined brows, along with his undercut, raven hair.

"You're charming..."

His eyes widened and you quickly took notice to the blush creeping onto his face. "Damn it, brat..." He said, looking away. "You win, you win."

"Ha, and you thought you could get under my skin! You're pretty easy yourself!"

"Hardly." He crossed his arms, "Tch."

"Oh come on, Levi. Obviously, you are."

"Just stop talking, got it? Good."

You zipped your mouth shut with your hand and smiled. 'Easy.'

Levi regained his composure, running his fingers through his hair. A sigh escaped his lips as he sat down on his desk, avoiding sitting on any of the papers. He looked down at his teacup and turned it ninety degrees so the handle was facing away from him. His fingers lightly gripped the cup as he lifted it towards his mouth, taking a small sip. He crinkled his nose as the steam touched the tip of it. You on the other hand just stood across from him, arms crossed in an x.

Your gaze dropped to the floor as you thought to yourself about the situation that just boiled over. Your, what was at first a melancholy heart, avoided from everyone, was now a jackrabbit, thumping away. 'What is wrong with you, (Y/n)...' You thought to yourself as your examined the clean woof flooring.

"What's on your mind?" Levi called out, taking your attention away from the floor.

You rose your hand to your forehead, rubbing it while you shook your head in return. You weren't supposed to talk, as he said before, and frankly? You didn't want to. You were frustrated at this feeling you had acquired recently and you weren't sure of what to do at this point. You stormed to the door, shutting it behind you. You darted to your room you shared with another cadet but you could guarantee that no one would be there. They were probably off working or training.

You left Levi alone in his office, surprised by your sudden action. He placed his teacup down on the saucer it came with, turning the handle back another ninety degrees. "Was it something I said?" He asked, no one in particular, considering he was just left alone in his office. He lifted his jacket and went to his door, shutting it behind him as he left the solitary room.

~

Your door swung open to the sound of Erwin's stern voice. "Rise and shine! The expedition starts today!" He shouted at you and your roommate before leaving to tell the other cadets.

"It's morning?!" You screeched.

Your roommate hunched up from her bed, rubbing her eyes. "Well yeah. I came in the room last night and you were sound asleep." Her voice chimed.

You looked over seeing Sasha yawning to herself as she tried waking herself up.

You slipped out of your bed and went to the Gear room. Everything you needed was there; there was the 3DMG, the belts and harnesses one would need to wear, and everyone's locker with their personal gear inside. You groggily walked down the halls, entering the room where you were apparently the first cadet to arrive. The squad leaders Erwin, Hanji, and Mike were there, strapping themselves together. Levi, your partner...

Man, that was weird to think about.

Anyways, Levi, your partner was also there where he was rummaging through his locker for his straps. You scurried to your side of the room, obtaining your straps also. You sat down and began tightening the leather pieces around your body. The room was silent as the others gazes were on you.

Erwin was the first to clear the air as he cleared his throat. "Glad to see you take such missions seriously, (Y/n). It appears you're the only cadet out of bed yet."

"Well, it's sort of hard not to be ready when your partner such a stickler. I didn't want to risk getting yelled at."

Levi looked in your direction and shook his head. "I wouldn't yell at you..." He said, sincerely. The others looked at him, almost surprised by the fact that he was so kind. Levi looked at them then 'Tch'd' in your direction... "Brat."

You stuck your tongue out at him and he sighed. "Let's just get this over with," he spoke before leaving the room with you.

Erwin, Hanji, and Mike were left alone in the room where they exchanged glances. Hanji was the first to speak. "They are going to fall in love and get married. Their kid better be named after me."

Erwin and Mike chuckled at the scientist's words. Erwin looked at the two others and smiled. "Soon enough they will realize their true feelings. Not once have I seen Levi like this." Erwin sighed.

He and Hanji left the room, leaving Mike alone. He crinkled his nose and smirked, rubbing his faint mustache with his fingers. "I ship it so hard," he said to himself.

——————————————
I hope you liked this chapter! Tell me what you thought!