Chapter 12

Levi headed back to his room, carrying a fresh pair of clothes for you. What he didn't know though was that he had someone following him...

The door to his room creaked open, revealing a fully-asleep you on his large bed. Levi swallowed a bit and shut the door behind him. He sat the clothes on the end of the bed and walked towards you, sitting down beside your body. He placed his hand on your shoulder and shook lightly, waiting for you to respond. "(Y/n)... Wake up..." His voice was soft. He growled to himself, unable to wake you. "Damn brat, wake up!" He soon remembered what Mike had said about him sounding like a dick so Levi tried to be a little more... Polite... "Please..."

Your eyes fluttered open and you looked at him, yawning. "Mm, where am I?" You asked, sitting up in the process.

Levi looked around and looked back to you. "Now don't be alarmed. Your room was locked so I brought you to mine. You needed the rest."

You nodded and looked around also, taking in the sight of your partner's room for the first time. Your head turned and noticed a neatly folded set of clothing on the end of the bed. "Are those for me?"

He nodded and stood, holding out his hand for you. "Come and get dressed. You'll get sick if you don't..."

You gladly took his hand, standing. You began unbuttoning your shirt but you stopped when you noticed Levi's eyes widening.

"W-What the hell are you doing?!" He shouted.

"Levi, we get dressed in front of each other in the Gear Room all the time." You reassured.

"F-Fine, you're right. I'm sorry."

You finished unbuttoning your shirt and you placed it on his bed, leaving you in your pants, boots, and your bra. Levi picked up the dry shirt and helped you put it on. He stood in front of you, taking his time to button it for you. "Thank you..." You spoke softly. You then took off your boots, followed by your pants, putting on the new ones. Levi took your wet clothes and threw them in the hamper inside his closet. Before heading back to you, he undid the top two buttons on his shirt, took a deep breath, then went back to you.

You observed him for a moment and tilted your head. What was he doing? He never wears his shirt like that. "L-Levi?..." You said as he grew closer, closing in between you and the bed. His hand reached up to your cheek and touched it softly.

"Hm?..." He hummed in response.

"What... You're..." He leaned his forehead against yours. "I-I can't..." You stepped back but Levi reached for your arm.

"But you can, (Y/n)." He spoke.

"No, I really can't. I didn't want any attachment to anyone. I joined the scouts to fight, not love... I mean... When I first arrived I barely said a word and... and... I hated you! There was so much enmity. But I don't know... You make me want to speak, more than you know but I just... I don't know why you make me feel this way..."

He pulled you to him, "I hated you too but god, I can't help what I feel and neither can you."

"What are you trying to say, Levi..."

He leaned in, his lips almost touching yours when a knock could be heard at his door. Ugh...

"State your name and business." Levi's voice rose.

A faint voice could be heard but the sound of it irked you... "Petra Ral, returning your cravat, sir."

Carrot top...

Levi opened his door, revealing the one and only Petra. Levi's cravat was in her hands as she pushed them towards him. "You left it in the Gear Room, sir!..." She peaked over Levi's short shoulder and took notice of you, her eyes widening in the process. "(Y/n)?!" She gasped.

"It's none of your concern, but if you must know," Levi spoke, "she fell asleep on the way home from the expedition. She seemed like she needed her rest so I took her to her room but her room was locked so I brought her hear."

"Uh-huh... I see... Well, then you wouldn't mind if I came in and spoke to you then... Alone." She said, glaring at you all the while.

"N-No... Not at all, come in. (Y/n), if you could give us one moment."

"Of course, Levi." You said as you left his room, shutting the door behind her.

Levi and Petra were left alone to speak and she was the first to say anything. "She calls you by your first name?" Petra questioned.

Levi sighed and took a seat on his bed. "Well, she is my partner. Erwin has made it clear that we are equals."

"Yeah... Well, she is not the reason why I came. I have a confession."

"Oh?" Levi looked up at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Levi... If you allow me to say... There is no simple way of saying this so I will just come out with it. I am in love with you. I have been for a long time and I would like to know if you feel the same."

Levi froze... "Petra... I'm afraid-"

"No. Don't. I know it may be hard for you to realize it but I know you love me too. You just need to take the time to see it."

"W-What? No! Petra, I know I don't love you because I love someone else... I'm sorry but it's true."

Petra stood there, eyes widened as she looked at the ground. Her expression didn't change once. "Who..."

"That doesn't matter-"

"WHO?!" She screamed, a bit more dramatically than needed. "It's (Y/n) isn't it. I know it is. Of course, it is. She's younger. Prettier. She has more skills. Brains too... The likely choice... Ha... haha... HA..."

"P-Petra? You're worrying me..." Levi spoke, his voice wavering. I think it would be best if you left now."

"You're right... I need sleep... Sleep, yeah... Sleep..." Petra said to herself as she walked to the door, opening it and leaving. She passed you, though she stopped when she was just shoulder to shoulder with you. "Watch your back you scrawny twig..."

"Sure thing carrot top..." You spoke as you walked by her, entering Levi's room. You shut the door behind you and sat next to Levi. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Levi said.

"Why don't we call it a night? I'll go wake up my roommate somehow and we can talk tomorrow?"

"Alright... Good night, (Y/n)."

"Good night, Levi."

————————————————
What did you think? I hope you liked it! See you in the next chapter!