Chapter 46: The Promise

It was a beautiful sight, Harry breathless over me, beads of sweat at his hairline, his cheeks flushed and our hearts still racing as we savored the lingering feeling of our connection

"I have never felt closer to another person before," I whispered to him. He cocked his head slightly in question. "I'm being absolutely serious. You're the only one who has ever made me feel like this."

"Like what?" He asked. But as the word left my mouth, he said it in unison with me, his word a question and mine an answer. "Complete?" I nodded and kissed him.

"I believe that is exactly how it's supposed to be," I said. "We're completing each other, supplying each other's missing parts."

He rested his weight to my side and took me with him as he rolled over onto his back. I flopped my arm over his chest and listened to his still-thumping heart. "That makes a lot of sense," he answered. "I can't imagine ever wanting to share that with anyone but you. And oh my god, that was amazing!" He gushed.

I threw my head back, laughing at his response. "I'm glad you liked it," I hummed. "And I feel the same way about you. I never want to be with anyone else again. I think that's why God designed it the way he did, for sex to unify a husband and wife so that they always love only each other. It's just sad that not all marriages turn out that way." I looked up at him and continued, "Obviously we're not married, but you get what I mean, right?"

"Mmhmm," he murmured, letting his long fingertips drag softly along my back. "Jules?"

"Yeah?"

"I wanna marry you."

My heart stopped and then took off in a gallop with his declaration. In response, I stretched up and captured his mouth in a kiss and then whispered, "I wanna marry you, too."

The magnificent grin that transformed his face was like no other I had ever seen before, his eyes absolutely illuminated with joy. "As soon as we leave this place. I never want to be without you again. Ever."

I nodded happily and kissed him again. "I know. I feel the same way."

"Y...you're not going to leave me....are you?" He asked, clearly still scarred by Theodore's emotional abuse.

"I am never going to leave you, Harry," I said adamantly. "I promise." As much as we would have loved to keep talking about our future, the reality of our situation kept creeping back in. "How are we going to get out?" I lamented. 

"I don't know, Baby," he said, purposely looking at me with a smirk and a bite of his lip.

"Oh, you want to call me that now, too?" I said, appreciating his cheekiness.

"Oh yeah, Baby," he said in a deep but silly voice. Once again, I burst into laughter.

"What has gotten into you?" I giggled.