twenty seven

ya boye is back with an update ;) these parts have been super short but then next ones won't be (I think) so lol get ready.

After what seems like hours of nothing happening, when really it's been a lot less than that, Phil's got the ball again, running along and doing whatever it was he did before, and there's lots of screaming of the words 'YES!' and NO!'. I look over to see Louise squealing.

"There are only twenty seconds left, and if he gets this, the team wins!" She shouts, keeping her eyes on the pitch, but obviously talking to me. I pay more attention to the game, but now I can't make out who's who, and it's all hectic, and then there's a whistle, blowing to signal the ending of the game, and the cheers elicited from the crowd makes the boing almost inaudible. 

"He got the try!" She screeches excitedly, shaking me on the shoulder.

After a little while, the guys walk off the pitch, meeting up with whoever they've invited, so, of course, Phil's now walking back towards me, and Louise has left to find her friend, Zoe, again.

"Hey," He says, wrapping an arm around me, and I catch sight of Justin, who is walking towards us. 

"Hi," I reply, leaning my head on his shoulder, and then Justin sits beside me.

"Hey, Dan. Phil, you did fucking great! You won the goddamn game for us!"

"I wouldn't say that," He responds, embarrassed.

"You legit got, like, half our points, or summin' like that." Justin protests.

Phil locks his hand into mine, pulling me up from the seat. At first, I'm confused, but then he starts to speak.

"There's a, uh, kinda party now. The team and their guests get to go, so yeah. If you don't wanna, you don't have to, but I-"

"It's fine; if you want to, I want to," I answer, not particularly keen; but Phil seems to want to, so I do too.

"Okay, great!" He chirps, wrapping an arm around my waist, and walking us away, Justin shortly behind. I look up at him through the thick layer of lashes above my eyes, and he ruffles up my hair, causing me to giggle.

"Hey!"

"What?" He asks; as if having done nothing, a goofy grin on his face.

"My fucking hair!" I say defensively, brushing it up and out of my face with my fingers.