thirty nine

just wanna say everyone here is so nice to me omg like idk why but thank you!! aaahhh <3

I look over at Dan for a second, us having been driving for about twenty minutes now. He's obviously struggling to keep his eyes open, his hair drooping over his face, and him not being bothered enough to fix it. Damn, he must be tired. He lets out a yawn, fisting sweater-paws against his mouth to cover it, and then rubbing his eyes with small hands. He's fucking adorable.

"You tired, love?" I ask, already knowing the answer, but seeing if he'll lie about it. Him lying about stupid little things is cute, not going to lie.

"No, just-" He says, but is cut off by his own yawn. "Uh, yeah." He contradicts.

"We can stop as soon as we're far enough out of town and find a place to park. It'd be pretty shit if someone found us." I assure, and I doubt he hears me; because I turn to see him staring off into space; quite literally, eyes caught on the stars in the sky, a reflection of them littered across his pupils. Pretty.

A while of driving later, him dropping off and then jerking back awake the whole time, we reach a car park, (PARKING LOT, FOR ALL Y'ALL AMURCANS) and I gently shake his shoulder, him fluttering his eyes open and stretching out his arms slowly. I open my door, getting out and walking round to the other side of the car, where I open the door for Dan, taking his hand to help him out. He moves slowly, moving all of his, very little, body weight onto the ground, small and gentle feet padding alongside me to the back of the car, where I open the boot and Dan and I get in. The back seats are all down, meaning there's enough space for us to lay down, and I set down duvets and pillows, etc, so hopefully, it's good enough.

He pulls himself underneath the covers, smiling lightly, and I clamber in next to him. "This okay? Are you comfortable?"

"Yeah," He says through a yawn. "Better than ever."

"I'm glad." I declare.

"You, uh, you never really said what happened to your mu- to Melissa." He mentions, and I realise just how confused he must be.

"She got into a fight; no surprise there. I dunno, but she's gone now. No controlling bitch in my life anymore, just you.

"What about Justin? You guys are friends, right? Did you tell him about this?" He spews out questions.

"Justin will realise I'm gone and text me. I'll tell him then." I whisper, wanting us to be quiet now, He needs his sleep, which is obvious. "Let's get you some sleep." I murmur.

"Cuddle me?" He mumbles, and I comply, pressing his back to my chest, and, in this moment, it's like I'm twice the size of him. Like I need to protect him because he's so small and fragile. My arms enclose his body, bringing him close, wanting nothing more than to keep this boy safe.

I asked him to run away with me, and he hardly even knows me. The least I can do is care for him.

"You're so big and warm," He mutters under his breath. "I like it."

I smile.