Target Practice

"Why are you up so early?"

I turned from the fire to see Pan coming out of his tent. I had woken up this morning feeling homesick so I decided to stay up.

"Um, went for a morning walk," I lied.

"Liar. What's wrong, Allie?"

I turned back to the fire and stared at the dancing flames. He sat down next to me the log.

"Homesick."

He put his arms round me and I laid my head on his shoulder. I snuggled up to him and he rubbed my arm reassuringly.

"If you can't get out of here, you'll get used to living here, I guess."

I shrugged and sat up. We were interrupted when we heard one of the boys get out of their tent, followed by others.

"Looks likes everyone's up," Pan said getting up off the log, "Morning, boys! Target practice, everyone, now, come on."

I got up and started to walk with the other guys.

"Everyone except, you," Pan said blocking my path.

"Why me?"

He looked around even though there was no one there.

"This way," he said motioning to the right, "and grab your bow."

"No Peter, I can't do that!"

I had an arrow notched and aimed at Peter's chest.

"Yes you can, just shoot the arrow."

He had told me that if I shot the arrow he would catch it before it touched him.

"Peter no! It'll kill you, don't make me do this," I pleaded.

I lowered the bow and shook my head. Peter walked towards me. He positioned my arms so I was pointing the arrow again. I just kept shaking my head.

"Just shoot it, trust me."

He looked into my eyes pleadingly. Why does he want me to do this, I asked myself.

I did trust him, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Allie!"

I gasped and sent the arrow towards his chest.

"No!"

Before my brain could register, Peter had the arrow in his hand, inches away

from his heart.

"How did you-"

"I'm Peter Pan, I'm invincible."

I stared at him in disbelief. Then he looked behind me and screamed, "Allie!"

I turned in time to see Pan in front of me holding a blow dart.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded and panted.

"What do you think you're doing Niall!?"

"She shot you-"

"On my command," he snapped.

"Sorry sir," Niall said bowing his head.

"Peter," I interrupted, "it wasn't his fault. How was he supposed to know you told me to do this?"

He growled and walked in the opposite direction.

"Thanks."

I turned to see Niall shaking.

"You're lucky he did use you as target practice."

"He would've if you didn't stick up for me."

Niall walked off and I went I go find Pan. I walked through the forest and heard rock scraping against metal. I saw Pan sitting on a stump sharpening a knife.

"Peter?"

He looked at me with eyes that were just full of guilt.

"Are you ok?"

"No, I'm sorry that I yelled at him in front of you."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

He hung his head and went back to sharpening. I sighed and walked to his side.

"Peter get up."

"Wh-"

"Just get up."

He stood up and shrugged. I wrapped him in a hug and I could feel all his tension subside. He returned the hug and we held for a good minute. He pulled away and smiled.

"See? That's all you needed."

"What do you mean?"

"You're always tense. You just have all of these emotions inside and you just keep them locked up. The only thing you were missing was affection."

Then as I waited for him to reply, he grabbed my hips and pulled me close.

"Affection can come in many ways can't it?"

"I-"

Before I could say anything, he locked his lips with mine.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer.  Then he shuddered and stopped this kiss.

Darn it, I thought. 

"Peter, are you ok?"

"Someone believes."

"What?"

"We need to get to the beach."

He wrapped his arm around my waist and we flew to the beach for, who knows why.

---------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I wonder who came to Neverland.  I guess we'll find out in the next chapter.

Vote, share, and comment

"Peter Pan never fails"

-Allycat417