Lost Girl

We flew over the island to where I had first seen Peter emerge my first night. Peter hid behind a bush and waited for a good time to come out. I looked at the beach and saw a girl about my age on the beach throwing rocks at the Shadow, having no luck whatsoever, but the rocks went straight through his body.

"Take me home! I don't want to be on a dirty beach."

Peter took my hand and we walked out onto the beach. I cleared my throat and the girl turned around. My eyes went wide.

"Marissa?"

"You know her Allie?"

"I should, we were friends since second grade and then she just disappears."

Marissa brushed her hair out of her face and scoffed.

"I didn't disappear, I moved. Sorry I couldn't tell you but we didn't want a huge 'oh my gosh you're moving? we will miss you' reaction."

"But you didn't... never mind. What are you doing here?"

"Same as you, I said 'I believe' and the Shadow brought me here. Stupid thing."

"Well, welcome to Neverland, Marissa," Peter greeted.

"Wait if you're Peter Pan, where's Tinker Bell," she asked looking around.

"That traitor? We were friends but then she lost her wings and crap, we never spoke again," Peter said.

I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me.

"Alright well, I can't carry both of you so we have to walk back to camp."

"What," I asked, "what about pixie dust?"

Peter snapped his fingers and gestured for us to follow. We followed him to a tree that had pink tipped, purple flowers, but strangely the flowers glowed.

"There is pixie dust on those flowers, just sprinkle some over yourself and believe."

I climbed up and sprinkled the dust on my head.

"I believe," I whispered.

As I spoke the words I felt myself lift off from the tree. I let go and flew around just to get the feel. Marissa had joined me and we all flew back to the camp.

We touched down right in the middle of camp.

"Boys! Welcome Marissa, our lost girl."

The boys did the same thing the night before.

"Uh," Marissa mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bow. I aimed it at someone's chest this time. Fortunately for him someone saw me and he stood up and greeted Marissa. The others had finally noticed and followed the example.

"That's more like it," I said.

"Jeez, someone's violent," Marissa laughed.

"Hey Peter, me and Marissa want to talk for a little bit. We'll be back."

Before we walked off, I noticed Peter's "right hand man", Felix, ask him something. Peter shook his head and waved Felix off.

"So why did you move," I asked.

"Parents, stalker people, jut the usual in Winslow."

We laughed and kept walking but stopped in our tracks when we heard rustling in a bush.

I looked at Marissa and we walked towards the sound. As we walked through the bush we saw a boy in a cage. He looked about 12 and had brown hair with a plaid shirt on.

"Um," I said as I bent down, "hey kid, you ok?"

He lifted his head and stared at us with pleading eyes.

"Please let me out."

"Who trapped you here," Marissa asked.

"I was sworn never to tell."

"Well can you at least tell us your name," I asked.

He gulped and he answered in a whisper.

"Henry. Henry Swan."

---------------------------------------------

Wow, cliff hanger right? Henry is in this book I had to.

Vote, comment, and share.

"Peter Pan never fails."

-Allycat417