Chapter 3

It was the next day, and Jared had just gotten to school. He was walking to his locker when he was suddenly greeted by some of his friends.

"Hey Jared! I'm surprised you came today after what happened yesterday. I know if I were you I would definitely take up the chance of staying home." Jon said.

"I hope you're feeling better, we were all scared when Austin told us you fainted." Satch conveyed.

"How did you get that cut on your head anyway?" Jirard inquired.

"Uh, I accidentally tripped and fell down the stairs yesterday, it's probably because of that." Jared answered.

"What!? Mr.Perfectionist trip and fall down the stairs? Impossible." Jon remarked.

"Hey even I make mistakes once in awhile." Jared joked.

"Yeah we'll believe it when we see it." Jirard stated. Jared then turned back to his locker and placed his backpack inside and took out his stuff for his first class.

"Thanks for checking up on me, but I gotta go so I'm not late." Jared said, starting to head off. "See you guys later."

"See ya." Jon called back, as the other two waved. Jared then turned around, now facing the direction he was going. His smile quickly diminished and was replaced by a frown.

I wish I could stay home, I feel terrible. I have a headache, I feel nauseous, and my body is aching. I think I might have a fever, but there's nothing I can really do about it. Jared thought.

Jared then entered the classroom, quickly noticing that it was almost completely empty, even the teacher wasn't around. But he mainly noticed what was making the room only almost empty. Austin was sitting on top of a desk around the center of the room, fiddling with a pen. When he looked up and saw Jared standing at the door, his face lit up.

"Jared you're here! I'm so glad you're okay." Austin said, getting up and walking to him.

"Austin, what are you doing here? You're not even in this class." Jared stated.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay, and I knew if I waited for you here you wouldn't be able to get away from me." Austin explained. "Now are you really okay? She didn't give you any bad injuries last night did she?"

"I'm fine, just feeling a little sick." Jared replied truthfully. He wanted to live up to his own promise to Austin, telling him when something was wrong. Now that Jared had mentioned it, Austin now noticed that Jared's face did look a bit flushed, and he seemed tired, drained.

"So what did she do to you last night?" Austin questioned.

"Nothing, she didn't do anything. She just yelled at me for a bit." Jared informed, walking over to his desk to the left side of the room and sitting down in it.

"But when I called last night-"

"I told you that she usually doesn't let me talk on the phone." Jared interrupted.

"No it's not that." Austin denied as he walked up to Jared. "When I called last night I heard something in the background, and it sounded like crying." Austin noted with a worried expression and a serious tone. Jared felt his heart skip a beat at that. "Jared, what did she do to you last night?" Jared looked away from Austin and now just stared at his desk. It seemed like he was trying to hide his emotions, again.

"It's not important what happened." Jared replied.

"Jared you're my best friend, I want to know what happened. I want to know what she did that made you cry."