Chapter 8

As the days passed Jared continued to get better, and as he got better, the day he was leaving came closer. They now had information about where Jared would be going, and it was a foster home in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Which, unfortunately for them, was on the other side of the country from where they were.

They tried not to let it bother them that Jared would be leaving in about three days, but with each day they had grown a bit more somber when they tried to hang out. Especially Jared, as this was going to be affecting him the most.

He would be in a completely new environment, with new names and faces. Nothing familiar would be there, he would be leaving everything he knew and everyone he loved. Jared had trouble thinking about anything but the changes, and it showed.

Now when they would enter Jared's room, they would see him staring blankly at the ceiling, looking extremely depressed. They have never seen him look so hopeless. And seeing Jared like this brought Austin down even more, he couldn't just let him continue to silently suffer. He had to do something. So It was on one of these days that Austin had entered the room, this time alone. He saw Jared looking at the ceiling like usual, not even noticing him.

Jared had been the one cheering me up for years, now it's time for me to do it for him. Austin thought, and he took a seat next to Jared.

"Hey Jared, what's up?" Austin greeted, and Jared turned his head to face him.

"Just....thinking." Jared replied. "That day is coming soon isn't it?"

"Yeah..." Austin said. "Are you okay?"

"It's kind of like tearing off a bandaid. It hurts at first while you're doing it, but once you get it off it gets better." Jared described. "It's just hard thinking about how different things will be without you guys around. I'm sorry that I haven't exactly been fun to hang out with lately, I know I should be using the days I have left with you more wisely."

"That's alright, besides, it's not like we won't be able to contact each other again, at the very least we could send letters." Austin pointed out. "And sometime in the future we'll see each other in person."

"Yeah." Jared replied, though he still looked somber.

"Austin you are failing right now." Jon said from behind Austin, making him jump as he didn't even know he was here and he had no idea for how long.

"Jon!? What the heck!? Where did you even come from!?" Austin exclaimed.

"From the door." He answered blatantly, then he turned to Jared. "Jared, get off your ass, everyone's waiting for you outside! Come on, we're going mini golfing!"

"Jon what the hell are you talking about?" Jared questioned, he also didn't notice Jon come in.

"Just get up, come on." Jon urged.

"I don't think Jared's allowed to leave the hospital." Austin noted.

"Fuck the rules, we're gonna do what we want. Now how many times do I have to say it, get going! We don't have all day." Jon said, now starting to pull Jared off the bed.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming, just let me go." Jared said, trying to pull his arm away until Jon let go.

"Here we brought you some real clothes too." Jon said, handing Jared a bag. Jared took it and went into another room to change.

"Jon are you sure about this? Jared still can't walk around too much." Austin pointed out.

"It'll be fine, and Jared needs to go outside anyway, it'll be good for him. Plus I think this will be the best way to cheer him up, you know that words don't work on him." Jon said.

Fake Smile: A YouTuber Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें