Chapter 15

"So....I guess this is it." Austin said.

"Yeah....I guess it is." Jared replied somberly. The day had come when Jared would be leaving to a completely different state across the country. All of his friends had come to see him off. One by one he got a hug from everyone.

"We're really gonna miss you Jared, it won't be the same with you gone." Paul stated. Jared gave a small smile.

"I'm gonna miss all of you too, it's gonna be really hard without any of you with me." He replied.

"You still have the scrapbook right?" Jon asked.

"Yep, and the letter. These aren't ever leaving my possession." Jared said, looking at the items in his hand. He then sighed. "You guys...I....sigh...god dammit." Jared's voice began to choke up and he put a hand up to his face. "This is hard." He mumbled. They all looked at Jared sadly, and Jirard walked up to him and hugged him.

"I know this is hardest for you." Jirard said.

"I just wish it wasn't so far." Jared remarked, his throat beginning to constrict as tears escaped his closed eyes.

"Just remember that this won't be the last time you see us, we'll meet up again in the future." Jirard reassured, then he looked back at everyone else. "That's a promise." They all nodded and gave small smiles, and Jirard released Jared from the hug.

"Thank you." Jared said, wiping away any tears from his face. "I should go before this gets worse."

"Jared wait!" Austin said, and he ran up to Jared. Jon then looked at the others and they all nodded.

"Good bye Jared, and good luck. I hope you finally get to catch a break." Jon said. And with a small wave, everyone began to leave. Austin then turned back to Jared, a serious expression on his face.

"Jared....will you be okay by yourself?" Austin questioned worriedly. He looked into Jared's eyes, seeing that they were red and glistening with tears. Jared sighed.

"I don't know." He admitted, looking off to the side. "I don't know what will happen." Then he looked back at Austin's eyes, seeing that they were full of concern and fear. "But I promise that I won't do anything that will hurt myself, because I know that it will hurt you guys more. So you don't have to worry about that."

"You'll still be tortured though, won't you." Austin stated. Jared didn't reply at first.

"It can't be helped." He finally said. Austin looked at him with a pained expression at first, but then nodded solemnly. He looked at the ground as silence passed between them. Then Austin felt arms wrap around him as Jared binded him in a tight hug.

"Austin, thank you. Thank you for everything you've ever done, I don't know what would've happened to me or where I would be right now if it wasn't for you. I can't thank you enough for the hope you gave me all these years I've known you." Jared expressed. Austin felt tears begin to prick his own eyes, then he hugged Jared back.

"Thank you too, you have no idea how much this friendship means to me." Austin said. Jared chuckled a little.

"I think I do." He replied. Austin chuckled a little too.

"You're right, you probably do. Just know that what you did for me is the most important thing that's ever happened to me." Austin conveyed, then he backed away from Jared and put his hands on his shoulders. "Jared, you're my best friend." Jared smiled.

"And you're mine." He replied. "I have to go, they'll only wait for me for so long." Jared said.

"Right." Austin said, though he was very reluctant to let Jared go. He didn't want to say goodbye, he didn't want him to leave his life. And then what if Jared's new life sucked? What if he feels isolated? What if he feels hopeless? What if he lost him forever?