Ichi

Thump.

The raindrops steadily tapped against the sleeping teenager's window, luring him out of his sleep.

His eyes fluttered open and he was met by a dull, patterned ceiling. A quiet sigh escaped from the boy's lips, his mismatched eyes staring up ahead, mentally preparing himself for what the day has prepared for him.

He sat up when he heard a knock coming from the other of the room, uttering out a "come in" and a few seconds later, the door then opened; revealing a young maid, bowing in respect.

"Good morning Akashi-sama, I'm afraid I cannot bring your breakfast to your room today. Akashi-sama wants to talk to you during breakfast."

"Is there any particular reason why my father wants to spend this morning with me?" Akashi asked, face void of any emotion.

"None, sir. Akashi-sama didn't say anything other than that." Akashi nodded, shifting towards the edge of the bed to stand up. "Tell Riko to have my uniform ready by the time I finish taking a bath. You're dismissed."

"Yes sir."

The pink haired maid bowed and excused herself, closing the door gently behind her. Once the maid left, Akashi made his way towards the bathroom to get ready. Roughly thirty minutes later, he stepped out of his bathroom, the cool air hitting his warm face. 

No matter how many times he had slept in the exact same room for the past six years, he could never get used to the cold vibe of his room.

After drying himself with the towel, his eyes landed on the uniform on his neatly made bed. He hung his towel on the towel rack and slipped his attire for the day on.

Akashi stood in front of the mirror; his eyes fixated on the tie around his neck. He tightened it and reached for the comb, styling his red-maroon hair at the preferred way that he liked. Once he was satisfied, he placed the comb down and checked if he looked presentable. That's when his eyes met its reflection on the mirror.

Empty red and yellow-orange eyes stared back at him; reflecting the life that he had for years since everything changed. He had already built-up walls around him to prevent him from feeling any pain.

"Once a plate is cracked, it can never be fully restored." he muttered to himself, tearing his gaze away from the mirror.

Akashi stepped away from it and he walked out of his room, his feet quietly thudding against the carpeted floor of the Akashi mansion. Akashi kept his mind blank as he made his way towards their enormous dining room where his so-called father was waiting.

"Father," Akashi greeted once he entered the dining room. He sat on his respective chair, the seat opposite the head of the Akashi family.

Akashi started eating as he knew that his father would not talk to him unless they were both done eating. They sat across from each other, silently eating breakfast until they finished it.

"Seijuro." His father's deep voice came from the other end of the table. Akashi lifted his gaze, metting the older's cold, intimidating eyes.

"I heard that your team won the national championship."

"Yes."