San

Third Person

"Good evening Akashi-kun, I'll be in your care tonight." Kuroko bowed before stepping further into the room.

"It's been a while since I last saw you, Tetsuya." Akashi smiled and nodded. "What has gotten you so busy?"

"Basketball has." Kuroko replied as he walked towards Akashi.

"Oh, I see."

"But did I hear that right though? Is winning the only thing that you really care for?" Kuroko frowned.

"I'm raised to think that way. Winning is everything in this world, Tetsuya. Someone who lost is nothing but a weakling and a winner is a king who is absolute." Akashi spoke bluntly.

"I don't think I can agree to that Akashi-kun," Kuroko shook his head and sat in front of the fireplace with his legs crossed.

Akashi raised his eyebrow at his response. It infuriates him when someone is against him. But Kuroko always had a reason for opposing him, so he decided to place the violin down before taking a seat next to Kuroko.

"It's been a while since I last heard that piece." Kuroko hummed a happy a tune watched in fascination as the flames flickered at the fireplace. "I'm surprised that you still know how to play that."

"It was the only song I can play since Mother died." Akashi bluntly replied with a shrug.

"I'm sure she's proud of you." Kuroko smiled.

"Is she?" Akashi let out a forced laugh as he closed his eyes. "I don't think I turned out like the man she wanted me to be. I grew up to be a monster that my father raised."

Kuroko knew that there was something wrong with Akashi. He had only noticed it recently, but there was something within him that completely changed him.

Akashi opened his eyes and Kuroko studied the mismatched eyes staring back at his own. They weren't like that before, he wasn't born with heterochromatic eyes. It was like there was another person hiding inside Akashi. A different person with a very different personality.

"When was the last time that you had fun?" Kuroko asked, making Akashi tear his gaze away from him as he faced the fireplace instead.

"Define fun, Tetsuya."

Kuroko's eyes widened and he stared at Akashi in disbelief.

"Don't you love basketball?"

"I don't think I'm capable of love." Akashi shrugged.

In all honesty, since the day his mother died, Akashi was only focused on being the best in everything, and not once has he thought of loving someone, not even the man he calls Father.

Kuroko sighed before standing up.

"Tetsuya?" Akashi frowned.

"I actually came to get you, dinner should be ready by now."

"Oh, you're right." Akashi stood up and dusted himself. "Let us dine, Tetsuya."