Nana

Third Person

Knock. Knock.

"Kuroko-sama? I have brought your breakfast." the maid called out as she knocked on Kuroko's room.

Receiving no reply, she quietly opened the door and peeked inside, smiling softly when she saw the sleeping teen. She gently wheeled the serving cart inside and closed the door behind her. The brunette pushed the cart closer to the bed and stopped to set it aside.

She almost didn't want to disturb the slumbering angel's sleep as he looked so peaceful with his fragile body curled up into a ball and he was cuddling... a handkerchief?

'Does the room smell?' the maid thought, wondering why his master's childhood friend had the handkerchief up to his nose.

She made sure she cleaned the room thoroughly, did she missed a spot?

Looking closer at the handkerchief, she noticed that the fabric looked somewhat familiar.

'I'm pretty sure that it has the same pattern as the handkerchief I prepared for Akashi-sama yesterday.' she pondered, looking at the woven material in confusion.

'Maybe they have the same handkerchief? Like those matching ones that couples have? I smell a blossoming relationship in the air!' the maid giggled, causing the teen to stir in his sleep.

She gasped and quickly covered her mouth with both of her hands. Realizing that she was acting unprofessionally, the maid cleared her throat and decided to wake him up.

"Kuroko-sama, I've brought your breakfast."

Kuroko groaned but he sat up nonetheless. He stretched his limbs and yawned as he rubbed his eyes.

"Thank you. You can leave it there."

The brunette grabbed the tray and placed it on the empty bedside table before bowing.

"Is there anything else that you would like to have, Kuroko-sama?"

Kuroko shook his head and dropped his hand when his vision was finally clear.

"That'd be all— wait."

Blue eyes widened in shock as he stared at the person before him.

"Kantoku?"

"Good morning Kuroko-sama!" Riko smiled and nodded.

Kuroko looked at their team's coach and shyly shook his head.

"Just Kuroko is fine, Kantoku."

"Well then Kuroko-kun," Riko chuckled. "Do you need something else?"

"Uh..." Kuroko scanned the area and his eyes landed on the tray of food on the serving cart. "Is that Akashi-kun's breakfast?"

"Yes it is, why?"

"Ano..." Kuroko mumbled, his gaze lowering as he twiddled with the handkerchief on his hand. "Can I deliver it to his room?"