Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The burn Armado suffered was so intense the doctors had to put him to sleep. He met an accident and was now in the hospital.

He knew he could not sit still and not do anything about what was happening in his life. He had to find Gracia Lopez's diary and then get rid of Leticia.

Kasama ang private investigator na inupahan niya ay nagtungo sila sa bahay ng babae sa Batangas. Hindi niya sigurado kung naroon ang diary ni Gracia subalit alam niyang kailangan niyang sumubok. Hindi nakita iyon ng private investigator sa bahay ni Leticia nang pasukin nito iyon isang araw na wala doon ang babae.

Hindi rin nila nakuha ang diary doon sa bahay ni Leticia sa Batangas. They met an accident driving back home. He lost control of the wheel, the car turned over, and the engine exploded. The private investigator was now dead. While he was left with severe burns. Hindi kaya ng anesthesia ang sakit ng sunog niyang katawan kaya kinailangan ng mga doktor na patulugin siya. May oxygen tube sa kanyang ilong.

Leticia went inside the ICU room Armado was in.

Being a doctor has its privileges, she thought. She stared at Armado and removed her mask. "Third degree burn. Ain't it just a killer?" Naglabas siya ng injection at itinusok iyon sa tubong nakakonekta sa katawan ni Armado.

Unti-unting nagmulat ng mga mata si Armado at nagsisigaw---subalit ang mga sigaw niya ay halos hindi marinig. Na-damage din ang kanyang voice box. Leticia knew he was going to have a seizure or a heart attack because of the pain but she didn't care.

"The pain will never fade away completely. Skin grafting is impossible in your case. What is it? You're saying something? Speak louder, I can't hear you."

Armado was crying now, his pain so incredible that he almost couldn't breathe.

"It hurts like hell, I know. When you get discharged, if you ever will, you're going to have to stay inside your house all the time. You can't let the sun touch your skin again, or the pain is going to kill you. You risk infection because your wounds couldn't restore body fluids and minerals. What kind of life would that be? It would have been a lot better if you died in the accident.

"You came to my house, Armado. I know. You insulted my intelligence. What was your plan? Get Gracia's diary and then kill me? Be honest now." Leticia was calm. She knew she was staring at justice. This was justice.

Armado blinked twice. He tried to move his arms but couldn't because of the pain.

"The urn. That belongs to Isabella, am I correct?"

Armado's tears started to pour down. He kept blinking though it was obvious he was having difficulty doing so.

"M-make i-it e-easy f...f...for me p-please...! Please!"

"Fortunately for you, I believe in euthanasia. No one deserves that kind of pain. Not even you. Any last words?" Inilapit ni Leticia ang kanyang tainga sa bibig ni Armado.

"Roberto is burried in Saint Catherine Memorial." Armado ignored all the pain. Knowing it was all going to end soon gave him so much strength. It was the best adrenalin rush he had ever experienced.

"Anything else?"

"I... I named the child." There was a smile that formed on his burnt lips. A tear fell from his eye. "Angelo, that's his name."

At that moment, all of Leticia's anger for the man who murdered her sister vanished. She could not help but shed a tear.

"You loved your wife so much, didn't you?"