TEN

“I'm coming home.” Allan said.

“When?” I asked.

“Today.”

“Okay! See you!”

“See you Elisse, I love you.” He said.

“I...” I hesitate, what if Emily's saying the truth? “I love you too Allan.” I told him. “I'll go to your place!”

“Oh! Okay. Bye.” He said.

“Bye.”

I hung up.

After a month! At last, Allan's back! I can't wait to see him. I should go to their place now and welcome him.

I rode a cab.

“To North Rivers subdivision please.” I told the cab driver.

“Okay miss.” He said.

The ride was fast, I came into Allan's place in less than ten minutes.

“Princess!” I called her.

“Coming.” She said.

She opened the door for me. “Good to see you again Elisse!”

“You too Princess.”

We walked to the kitchen.

“So, here for Allan?” She asked.

I nodded.

She giggled, “I'm so happy for the both of you.”

“Thanks Princess.”

“Any time!” She said.

“Are you preparing something?"

Opening the fridge. “Um, yeah.” I think she's looking for something. “Oh no! I forgot to buy mozzarella cheese.” She glanced at me, “Um, I'm so sorry but I have to go.”

“Oh! It's alright, I'll wait here.”

“Thank you very much Elisse!” She walked towards the door, “And if you want you could round the house.”

I nodded, “Okay.”

The door closed.

I left alone, um, so their house is so plain, looks like a museum.

I was shocked when my phone rang. I answered it. “Hello?” I said, going upstairs.

“It's Allan, where are you?" He asked. His voice sound worried.

“At your place, why?” I said, halfway through the second floor, “Where are you?” I asked.

“I'm on my way,” He paused, “Just stay in the living room Elisse.” Allan sound nervous.

“Okay.” I Said. But I lied.

He hung up.

I'm curious about that young girl whose Princess told me. I went into Allan's room...

What is this! I thought.

“Elisse.”

He's here, standing behind me. “So, you are fooling me again?” I said

“Listen to me.”

“What for? You're just going to do it to me like you had done to me years ago!”

“No! I didn't mean that. It was just...”

“Really?” I interrupt “Just stop it!”

Tears streaming down my face and he just looked at me, studying my face for what he felt like a very long time. Then he startled me by standing up and taking three strides, quickly closing the distance between us before kissing me.

I can't move, like I was paralyzed.

“I'm sorry,” He said, “For everything.”

“It's too late, ten years too late.”

“Stop crying...” I can feel his warm hands touching my face. He continued. “Hear my side Elisse!”

“No!” I pushed him away.

I feel like I will shatter every moment now, thinking all of this. Everything that had just happened a fragment, no part of a real whole.

“What it feels?" I asked, “To make fool of me?”

He's moving closer.

“Elisse, let me explain.” He touched my arms.

“Get off of me!” I yelled at him.

“I'm sorry Elisse.”

“Sorry? You say sorry?” I hissed. “I'm leaving.”

He locked the door, “No! You won't leave until you listen.” He said. Now his voice tough like a rock.

So I stood still. Waiting for his explanation. My tears won't stop from falling.

“Elisse...” He paused, “I loved you since that day, the first time I saw you at West High. I never thought that you'd be that important to me, I had so many chances to confess my feelings to you but I can't, I don't have the guts to say it. The words that I want you to hear. But I never did. Until graduation, you confessed your feelings for me but I didn't. I'm so dumb! Idiot!” He said.

Is this true? He’s crying in front of me?

What! He have feelings for me since high school? This is not true! All he ever did was to fool me, he never loved me! I can't stop crying, I don't want to see him anymore! The one I love? Allan, is Adam! I can't believe!

“See that photos, I took it. You noticed that I always holds my phone during high school? That's why.”

No! I will not listen to you anymore! I thought.

“Stop It Allan! Or should I say Adam?” I told him. My voice shrill.

“Please Elisse.”

“I should have known you better.” I started to hiccup, “I should have listen to Emily!”

“Please Elisse, forgive me.”

“I don't know Adam.”

“I love you Elisse!” He said. And all of a sudden he hugged me.

“No!” I said, trying to let go of him. “No! You never love me! All you ever did was to break my heart over and over! You don't love me because you don't have a heart! You don't have a feelings!”

He let go of me...

“That makes sense! That's why you fooled me, you don't know what it feels like to be fooled, and I feel so stupid! Letting you in in my life!”

I opened the door ran through the hallway. And I saw Princess on her way to me.

“Oh my God! What is happening?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Why are you crying Elisse?” She stood in front of me, “Did A do something to you?” She said then looked at Adam's room which was behind me.

I glanced at her, “What's his name?” I asked her.

“A. Why?”

“A who!” I said, sobbing.

“Adam.” She paused, “What's going on here! A's home?”

“Yeah, he's here!” I told her.

I walked away.

“Elisse!” Adam shouted.

I ignored him. I walked away from their house. I ran, nowhere to go. I only have my phone in my hand. I don't know what's gonna happen next. I don't know where to go...

Back in my house, still crying. I throw all the things my hand touches, pillows, vase, frames. I'm going crazy. After that I calmed down, I sit back, leaning against the wall.

Why are these happening to me? I thought

He fooled me! From the very beginning, he lied! I should have known. That guy will always be a problem to me! Why did I let myself to fall in love with him? Why!