ELEVEN

I decided to go to work and not to think of what happened yesterday. Just like all those before, doing paper works. But still, I'm waiting for his phone call, for me to not to pick up.

Someone knocked on the door.

“Come in.” I said.

I'm not surprised, it was Emily.

“Elisse?”

“Why?” I said.

She sat, “Let's go?” She said.

I wondered, “Go where?” I asked her.

She stood, “Follow me.”

I hope it's not about Adam.

We exited the building and went to her car parked in front of the building. She opened the door for me. Looking at her going to the driver's seat makes me feels to apologize to her. When she reached the door I inhaled deeply, “Emily.” I said. My head down.

“Why?”

“I just want to say sorry.” I glared at her who's fastening her seatbelt.

She looked at me and smiled, “You have nothing to apologize, and we all do mistakes in life.” She said.

A few moments of dead air, she started the engine. “Ready?” She asked me.

I nodded.

During our trip I asked her something...

“Where are we going?” I asked.

She took a glimpse on me, saying “To somewhere memorable to us.”

I searched the necklace she gave back… “I think this is yours.” I said.

I can see happiness in her eyes, “Thank you Elisse.”

It didn't took long, we arrived.

“So, here we are.” She said.

She took me to West high. Where we graduated. I smiled widely, “Why are you doing this?”

She smiled back. “Because I want you to be refreshed.” taking steps to me, she holds my hands, “I know you Elisse, you cried.”

I fake a laugh, “What are you saying Emily, I didn't.”

She looked at me in the eyes, her eyes were very dark.

I started to cry on her shoulders why am I feeling this, it feels like there's a huge, heavy rock on my back. I can still feel the pain of what happened that day.

“You're right Emily.” I said, hugging her tighter, “He made me fool!”

She didn't spoke, I guess she just wants to listen to my drama.

“Why is he doing this to me? What I had done to him to make me hurt?” I cried, sobbed. “I don't know what!” I said.

Emily hushed, “Breathe deeply Elisse, try to calm down.” She said, touching my hair.

I tried to calm myself. I tried. We walked to the field and we sit at the bleachers.

I stopped crying. “It's over.” I said. I looked at her. Suddenly I thought of something, I should ask her. “Emily, how did you know?”

“Know what?”

“Know that Allan is Adam.”

She looked at me directly to my eyes. “Because I know.”

“What did you know?” I asked her.

“From the moment he entered the office, I knew he is Adam.”

“But why did you not tell me?”

“I tried but Tanner won't let me.”

“Why?”

She sighed, “Tanner said something to me.”

“What is it?”

“He told me that Adam loves you since high school, he didn't confess his feelings because he's scared.”

“Wait, Tanner know it also?”

“Yeah.” She replied. “Tanner want a happy ending to both of you.”

“But why did you let me?” I asked.

“A first it was fine, I thought you're gonna break up but time passed, it made me worried. I'm worried about you, listening to Adam's lies.”

Everything she said made sense now.

“Thank you Emily.”

“For what?”

“For everything.” I said.

“No. Problem.”

“Um, can you drive me home?” I asked.

She giggled, “Of course!” She said.

I smiled at her as a thank you. Best friends are better than boyfriends. I thought.

“Let's go?” She asked.

“Wait for a moment,” I closed my eyes. “I just wanna feel this moment.” I told her.

“Oh come on!” She groaned.

So I asked her “Why?”

“You're only sitting there! Let's go around the campus!” She said, her voice excited and happy. I can feel the old us. Making memories together.

“Are we allowed?”

“Yeah, I talked to Mrs. Anglo and she said yes.”

“Huh? Who's Mrs. Anglo?” I asked her, who is that?

“Duh! You don't remember her? She's the school guard! You idiot!” She laughed at me.

Oh, that. Mrs. Anglo. Well, I forget her.

I looked at Emily, “You're saying that I'm idiot? Don't you remember, I always win over you?”

She smiled.

“First to the Chemistry lab wins.”

Emily's warming up, stretching her arms forward. “Old days Elisse.”

“Yeah, let's bring back the old days!” I said.

“This time I will not let you win.”

“Don't you dare?”

“Go!” She shouted.

We raced through the hallway, passing through classrooms, and going up to 4th floor.

“Hey.” She said, her breathing fast.

I exhaled, “I win!" I told her, “For the nth time!”

She groaned then smiled. “You didn't change Elisse!”

“It's me!” I laughed.