The Airbending Kid!

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Airbending Kid!

Water and ice everywhere, that was what was here in the South Pole where two teens in a small canoe fishing for food for their tribe. The boy's name is Sokka, he's the oldest of the two siblings and it shows as he stands up in the canoe readying himself. He looks down at the water, spear at the ready. The other was a girl, the younger sibling, she's Katara and much like everyone in the tribe wears a blue overcoat to keep warm. The canoe is drifting slowly through the ice-cold water as Sokka concentrates on his fishing. A fish swims close to the surface of the water in front of Sokka. "It's not getting away from me this time. Watch and learn, Katara. This is how you catch a fish." Sokka boasts keeping his eye on the fish in front of him. Katara leans over the edge of the canoe to see her own fish. She hesitates at first but removes her left glove from her hand. She takes a deep calming breath closing her eyes and lets it out, opening her eyes with a determined look in her eyes, she begins to move her hand in an up and down motion then a globe of water containing a fish bursts out of the water as she continues to move her arms around from side to side.
"Sokka, look!" Katara exclaims in excitement.
"Shhh. Katara, you're gonna scare it away. Mmmm... I can already smell it cookin'!" Sokka whispers at her trying to concentrate.
"But Sokka! I caught one!" Katara tells him as she tries to retain her control over the globe of water. She seems to struggle with the blob of water as it floats closer to Sokka, who at the wrong time raises his spear in the air to strike the fish. He cocks his arm back and bursts the water bubble, the fish falls back into the sea as Sokka gets drenched in water.
"Hey!" She complains disappointed.
"Ugh! Why is it that every time you play with magic water I get soaked?" He asks his shoulders slumping down.
"It's not magic. It's waterbending, and it's-" She tries reminding him of the facts.
"Yeah, yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself." He interrupts her having heard it many times before.
"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water." She points out as Sokka again proves her point as she looks over to see him making muscles and looking at the water's reflection. He stops turning to Katara giving her a look. Suddenly the boat gets caught in a current bumping everywhere, they look to see they have entered an area full of ice.

They move around trying to manoeuvre their canoe between the icebergs in the water as they scream. "Watch out! Go left! Go left!" Katara shouts out in fear, the canoe moves through the ice pack with speed but the icebergs around them are colliding with one another. They narrowly miss them one by one till their canoe is crushed when three icebergs all collide at once. The two teens jump out at the right time onto one of the icebergs. "You call that left?" She asks her brother angrily.
"You don't like my steering. Well, maybe you should have waterbended us out of the ice." Sokka mocks her as they sit on their little iceberg and behind them, a huge one rears up from the water towering over them into the sky above.
"So it's my fault?" Katara asks him.
"I knew I should have left you home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up." He moans as Katara boils up in anger as she points at her brother.
"You are the most sexist, immature, nut-brained..." She raises her voice at him but as she says this the iceberg they are sitting on begins to move and a crack appears on the iceberg behind her. "Ugh, I'm embarrassed to be related to you! Ever since Mom died I've been doing all the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!"
"Uh... Katara?" Sokka tries warning her seeing the cracking iceberg behind her.
"I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you, NOT PLEASANT!" She shouts.
"Katara! Settle down!" He warns her.
"No, that's it. I'm done helping you. From now on, you're on your own!" She screams at the end once she finishes, the iceberg behind her splits open entirely. It falls apart the major pieces falling into the water around it, pushing the iceberg away as the teens hold on tight until the iceberg settles down on the water.
"Okay, you've gone from weird to freakish, Katara," Sokka tells her.
"You mean I did that?" Katara asks him.
"Yup. Congratulations." He tells her looking as they both lean over the edge of the iceberg raft. Suddenly the water in front of them begins to glow an illuminating blue in the surface of the water. The teens move backwards on their little raft as another, slightly lighter colour iceberg breaks the surface of the water. The new iceberg begins to settle on the water, Katara walks to the edge of their iceberg to get a better look. Deep inside the ice, a figure of a boy in a meditation pose. The outline of white arrows on his fists and head when suddenly his eyes pop open with his eyes glowing and his arrow markings glow white too.
"He's alive! We have to help." Katara shouts grabbing Sokka's club putting her hood down and turns to the boy in the iceberg.
"Katara! Get back here! We don't know what that thing is!" He tries changing her mind but she just ignores him and skips across a few little patches of ice towards the boy trapped in ice and Sokka follows behind her. She begins using the club whacking the ice a few times after a few hard whacks, the ice cracks open. Air releases out as if the iceberg has a hollow chamber within it but it is not entirely clear. The iceberg cracks from the top to the bottom before exploding open. A large shaft of white-blue light shoots straight into the heavens above. The iceberg part under the water it glows brightly, the shaft of bright light can be seen from afar.