The Storm of Our Spirits

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Storm of Our Spirits

A flock of birds fly over the Fire Navy ship as it steams forward, on the main deck Iroh sniffs the air and Zuko looks out of a telescope in the background, the sound of blades clashing can be heard when suddenly Rin jumps back knocking into Zuko, he snaps his head around about to yell at her but stops himself. "There is a storm coming. A big one." Iroh announces to them.
"You're out of your mind, Uncle. The weather's perfect. There is not a cloud in sight." Zuko argues with him as he lowers the telescope.
"The storm is approaching from the north. I suggest we alter our course and head southwest." Iroh advises them.
"We know the Avatar is travelling northward, so we will do the same," Zuko tells him a matter a fact at this Rin jumps back into her fight as she was off duty for the day but didn't stay in her room as she was feeling bored, just staring at those four metal walls.
"Prince Zuko, consider the safety of the crew," Iroh warns his nephew looking at the deck with the crew.
"The safety of the crew doesn't matter!" Zuko exclaims at his Uncle and his eyebrow goes up in concern as a crewmember enters his view. The Lieutenant, who clearly overheard the remark and was very unhappy. He realises this, and begins to speak to the Lieutenant and walks up to him. "Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety." He remarks and enters the ship shutting the hatch behind him. Iroh stands next to the offended Lieutenant.
"He doesn't mean that he's just all worked up." Iroh tries to correct what his nephew had said.

On the ocean, the ship sails through the rocky wave as a black edge of an ominous storm approaches straight towards them

On the ocean, the ship sails through the rocky wave as a black edge of an ominous storm approaches straight towards them. Zuko walks onto the deck, four crewmen, including the Lieutenant from earlier that day, are there looking at the storm clouds. The Lieutenant turns, folding his arms across his chest, to address Zuko. "Uh! Looks like your uncle was right about the storm after all." Lieutenant Jee addresses him crossly.
"Lucky guess." Iroh brushes it off as he enters.
"Lieutenant, you'd better learn some respect," Zuko warns him, pointing at his chest with two fingers. "Or I will teach it to you." He adds, he knew that if he had said this in front of Rin she'd have started to shout at him. He walks past the Lieutenant, who no longer contains his contempt towards the Prince.
"What do you know about respect? The way you talk to everyone around here, from your hard-working crew to your esteemed uncle and even General Rin shows you know nothing about respect. You don't care about anyone but yourself! Then again, what should I expect from a spoiled Prince?" Lieutenant Jee argues his points. As the Lieutenant speaks, Iroh makes a decapitation motion with his hand, trying to head off the conflict. Zuko stops mid-step shortly into Lieutenant Jee's speech. Iroh sighs putting his hand over his face, resigning himself to the brewing disaster. By the end of the tirade, Zuko's eyebrow is twitching, clearly stung by the accusations. He turns around and assumes a firebending stance, the Lieutenant follows suit.
"Easy now." Iroh tries calming them down hands up in a calming gesture. Zuko and the Lieutenant's hands crossing at the wrists, indicating that the ritual of combat had begun. When they cross, the sound of steel on steel can be heard and smoke curls from where they meet. Iroh appears in between them breaking their wrists apart in a neat movement. "Enough! We are all a bit tired from being at sea so long. I'm sure after a bowl of noodles everyone will feel much better." He adds. Zuko and Jee glare at each other a moment longer, then both turn around and walk away in the opposite directions.
"I don't need your help keeping order on my ship," Zuko tells Iroh.
"Actually it's my ship." Rin makes her presence known, they turn to see her leaning in the doorway. "Jee came past me moaning about you by the way, so wanna tell me what's going on?" She asks Zuko as Iroh places his hand on Zuko's shoulder, but he just rudely shoves him off. Zuko walks to the bow, where the storm clouds now fill the sky. Rin joins next to him and nudges him slightly knocking him over almost. "Jee has always been like that, he doesn't think first. But from what I can tell maybe what you said wasn't right..." She says softly.
"Excuse me!" Zuko exclaims at her before she could finish.
"Hang on let me finish. Jeez, I was there that day with your father." She tells him, looking at him as he touches his scar. "I know how much you want to go home but I think you should look at the crew the same way, they want to go home as much as you do Zuko. I don't agree with what Jee said, though I have to say you do come across as spoiled." She laughs as Zuko frowns at her before smiling at her laugh.