Growing Feelings Bet

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

Growing Feelings Bet

On the ship, Iroh drinks his tea with Zuko and Rin at a table in a cabin and Iroh pours Zuko some tea after he takes a sip of his tea then pours Rin hers. "Ahh! See, Prince Zuko, a moment of quiet is good for your mental well being." Iroh tells him as Zuko raises the cup to drink when a shock causes it to splash the tea all over his face. He wipes it away and gets up with Rin from the table, making angry noises.

On the foredeck, a young, dark-haired woman appears on deck riding a massive and hideous monster

On the foredeck, a young, dark-haired woman appears on deck riding a massive and hideous monster. Members of the crew scatter as the beast climbs the railing and onto the deck as Zuko and Rin come onto the deck. "Get back! We're after a stowaway." The young woman informs them of why she was aboard.

"There are no stowaways on my ship," Rin argues with her, as her men knew better than to allow this to happen. The beast, a Shirshu, proceeds to rip out a chunk of the deck plating and hurls it away. The beast sticks its head into the gaping hole smelling around for the stowaway's odour and follows after it as a nearby barrel falls over and a man crawls out, whimpering. The man crawls out onto the foredeck where the Shirshu quickly whips the back of the man's neck with its long tongue. The man falls down instantly onto the deck, conscious but paralyzed, with Iroh, Zuko and Rin looking on at the scene.

"He's paralyzed," Zuko states looking at his way to maybe catching the Avatar finally.

"Only temporarily. The toxins'll wear off in about an hour. But by then he'll be in jail and I'll have my money." The young woman tells them picking the stowaway up.

"But how did you find him on our ship?" Zuko inquiries.

"My Shirshu can smell a rat a continent away." The young woman praises and pets her beast as she gets back onto the saddle.

"Well, I'm impressed." Iroh admires her not at all ashamed then she cracks her whip and the Shirshu bolts off the ship down onto the dock. "Very impressed." He strokes his chin watching after them as Rin looks at Zuko with a smirk.